Regular Contributor

Hi friends,

I could really use a specific name of a brush to put on my BB gel eyeliner.  I have her brush but am struggling with it. I've tried some angle brushes but when the pot is slightly dry it's hard to work with and I like a very fine line, no wings here 😂  

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@jobiz you can add a few drops of eye drops to the pot, to soften the eyeliner. 

Honored Contributor

I like to use this flat-liner brush. The bristles are firm so you can control where you apply liner. Press, press, press it along your lash line to get a nice thin line. This brush measure about 5-1/5" long. Get it on Amazon for $8.

Bdellium Tools Professional Makeup Brush Studio Series - Flat Eye Definer 714 

Amazon.com: Bdellium Tools Professional Makeup Brush Travel Series - 714  Flat Eye Definer: Beauty
Bdellium Tools, Studio Line, Eyes 714, 1 Flat Eye Definer Brush - iHerb
$8, Amazon. Top rated, too.
Regular Contributor

Thank you 😊 

Respected Contributor

@jobiz wrote:

Thank you 😊 

For a soft line use that brush with a dark eye shadow. Load the brush with shadow, press against the lash line. Use on the outside edges of the bottom lash line. Makes a very pretty eye.

Regular Contributor

Thank you! But my eyes get watery so not sure that would work for my old eyes. 😂

Honored Contributor

Re: Gel eyeliner brush

[ Edited ]

@On It wrote:

@jobiz wrote:

Thank you 😊 

For a soft line use that brush with a dark eye shadow. Load the brush with shadow, press against the lash line. Use on the outside edges of the bottom lash line. Makes a very pretty eye.

If you dampen the flat-liner brush just a tad and then swipe it onto your shadow, that will help keep it from falling while you apply it. Once it dries, which takes just a few seconds, it's pretty much set and won't move or fall.

With a flat brush like that always swipe it (like a tiny broom) rather than stab it onto your product. That will help keep the bristles from separating.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Oh thank you because that was my problem.

Regular Contributor

Any recommendations of a Bobbie Brown gel liner and shadow that would work together.? Thanks 

Honored Contributor

@jobiz - at @SilleeMee gave you some really good suggestions.  I have a brush like that and really like it and dampening your eyeshadow, if you want to use a powdered eyeshadow for eyeliner, is a very good idea.  Works really well.  Good luck!