Super Contributor

Re: GREAT VIDEO ON AVOIDING AGING MAKEUP

I was really surprised to hear she suggests a medium shade as the overall color for people with hooded eyes. Every other influencer I have watched recommends the lightest color for aging hooded eyes. Maybe I need to give it a try.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Oh my gosh, I have been doing almost ALL the wrong things with the eyes!  That video was so enlightening.  Thanks for  telling us about it!  I need to watch again while I'm applying my make-up.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

I have pretty much no experience with YouTube makeup videos.  Is there a way to find contributors who are actual professionally trained makeup artists?

Scott Barnes.

Trusted Contributor

@Snowpuppy 

Thank you!

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Frequent Contributor

Love her videos, this one in particular. ❤️

Valued Contributor

Thank you for posting I watched the video and found it helpful. I now want to get the lipstick by charlotte Tilbury Angel Alessandra but don’t want to pay 40 for it. Does anyone know of anything similar to this color? Thanks
Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

This "expert" makes it clear how important a primer is, and I can't believe how pricey those are! Just wondering, which primer does everyone use and if you like it? (I have super dry skin) . 

@Skyegirl21   I like Laura Mercier's primers. There are hydrating ones, mattifying, etc. They are true primrs keeping makeup on for 8 hrs.+. I don't need that every day since my makeup isn't on that long...cleanse as soon as I get home if staying in.

My favorite primer of all time (and moisturizes if you have dry skin) is Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base. I wear it every day after my spf and it gives moisture w/o a greasy feeling. It also prevents any pilling under foundations. I've worn it for years. 

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Shanus 

Oh my gosh, I have been doing almost ALL the wrong things with the eyes!  That video was so enlightening.  Thanks for  telling us about it!  I need to watch again while I'm applying my make-up.

You look pretty @SurferWife  I do not think the same things work for everybody. I would not wear  light pink lipstick or eyeshadow the way she does. It may work for her but does not look good on me.

Honored Contributor

@Joizz11 wrote:
Thank you for posting I watched the video and found it helpful. I now want to get the lipstick by charlotte Tilbury Angel Alessandra but don’t want to pay 40 for it. Does anyone know of anything similar to this color? Thanks

@Joizz11   I'd look for a drugstore shade of lipstick. This is what I do if trying a different look and not sure if I'll like it. I'd purchase several in pale peach or pale pink tones. Depending on your complexion, a pale pink may suit you better. The pale lipstick she applied may not be your "cup of tea" and you haven't spent much to try it out.

Honored Contributor

@scullychick   I prefer a lighter lid shade on women over 50 unless they have no hooded lid situation.