Honored Contributor

GREAT NEWS (Sephora Returns)

I just called Sephora to see if I could have FedEx pickup my returns from my home vs driving 6 miles to town to the Dollar Store to make returns.  After speaking to a supervisor he said yes, I could do that.  My next question was "is there a charge for picking up from my home?"  He couldn't answer that question and suggested I call FedEx.  I did.  The rep I spoke with said "no, there would be no charge to me since it was Sephora that generated the return.  It's already paid for by Sephora".  Hope this info is helpful to others.

Honored Contributor

Re: GREAT NEWS (Sephora Returns)

I had to contact Sephora and have them mail me the prepaid shipping label and now contact FedEx.  

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm can't you just print the pre-paid shipping label from Sephora.com?  I'm returning that new Nars foundation and just printed a pre-paid label a few hours ago.  

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I'm sorry you didn't care for the Nars foundation Smiley Sad  I have one side of my face with the Nars and one side with my beloved Fenty Ease Drops.  I'm seeing which wears better.  They both went on over a prepped and primed face.  The Nars stayed tacky longer and a couple of hours later is still a little more tacky to Fenty's dry to the touch feeling.  I really like it and will be wearing it to the city tomorrow and Thursday.

No, I haven't been able to print a label since Sephora stopped using USPS to deliver and pickup.  I don't like the UPS delivery and having  to go to the Dollar Store to make returns.  As of RIGHT NOW, I have no more returns to make (after the one today) and no more deliveries scheduled.  There have been three times in two days I thought I HAD to have a makeup item and decided, no, I didn't have to have it!  If I could just stay offf YT! lol  I did catch a glance of an e/s palette a few days ago.  It wasn't one being showcased.  It was just in the background.  I've tried to trace my steps and find it again but it's hopeless.  I'll never find it.  I said for me to ever buy more eyeshadow it would have to be extraordinary...and it was.  I think I was watching a Samantha March video.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm I thought I liked the Nars foundation, but by the end of the day it was terrible.  One of the worst I've used in a long time.  I tried it a second day with a different primer and powder and it was still terrible.  My skin must just be too oily for it.  I was going to keep it and try mixing it with other foundations which is what I usually do, but decided to see how easy it would be to return as I don't have a free standing store anywhere close.

It's weird you didn't get a FedEx option. When I went to return mine, I think the only option was FedEx.  Luckily there's a FedEx drop off at a grocery store about a mile away.  I wonder if it depends on what part of the country (I'm in MA).

I know what you mean about seeing something and just having to have it!  I try to force myself to never buy anything on impulse and at least wait a few days.  Sometimes that works Smiley Wink  My biggest weakness is anything to do with the eyes.  They are my favorite feature and I love to play with different colors and textures.  I've been good so far this year and haven't seen anything I can't resist, though I saw the leaked peak of the next Natasha Denona palette and I have a feeling I might cave when that comes out.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm :  I have noticed you mention a lot of YT makeup artists, but can you recommend one for a "mature woman" LOL?

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom 

I'm sorry.  I don't watch YT vids of "mature women".  Wait, I did watch Dominque Sachse last night.  Her channel came up as a suggestion.  SO sad.  She and her husband are getting a divorce and she is getting blasted in social media.  What could be worse than having to go thru a divorce in the public eye and then endure all the nastiness from people hiding behind their keyboards.

The ladies I watch are mostly in their 30s.  Nikol Johnson (45), Michele Wang (46) are the two I enjoy that are older.  

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Hoovermom 

I'm sorry.  I don't watch YT vids of "mature women".  Wait, I did watch Dominque Sachse last night.  Her channel came up as a suggestion.  SO sad.  She and her husband are getting a divorce and she is getting blasted in social media.  What could be worse than having to go thru a divorce in the public eye and then endure all the nastiness from people hiding behind their keyboards.

The ladies I watch are mostly in their 30s.  Nikol Johnson (45), Michele Wang (46) are the two I enjoy that are older.  

@monicakm :  Thanks so much..........

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I'm very dry and apply a lot of hydration products and a moisturizer before primer.  Tati used her Olehenriksen moisturizer and WOW was that a greasy mess!  Plus the product broke me out.  I don't think I'm a candidate for something super emollient.

I DO get the FedEx option.  Only option I get but it has to be taken to a Dollar General location.  With a broken knee, it's not very convenient.  I loved it when Sephora delivered via USPS and I returned the same way.

though I saw the leaked peak of the next Natasha Denona palette

Is that not out YET?  What is the color story?  I'm doing really really good and have surprised myself how I've said "don't need it!".  However, I did a little bitty inexpensive slip last night.  Something that's been on my mind for a couple of weeks.  Something that was a staple in my 20s and 30s.  If I can't finesse a look out of it, it was only $14.  I know I like the quality and almost spent $25 on a mini (5 pan) Natasha Denona palette with the same color story.  

ColourPop Blowin Smoke

ColourPop Blowin

And...

ColourPop Secret Crush midtone pink with silver sparkle Pressed Powder Blush

ColourPop Secret Crush midtone pink with silver sparkle Pressed Powder Blush

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm It's funny, I have oily/combo skin that breaks out easily and that Ole Henricksen moisturizer works great for me, though I don't apply it in my t-zone.  But the products I apply before moisturizer are not very hydrating so maybe that's why.  

I'm pretty sure the ND palette had a lot of pastels.  Very pretty for spring.  I saw it on Trendmood and it caught my eye but I didn't spend long looking at it.  Went looking for it the next day and couldn't find it anywhere.  Then I saw a few YTers mention that it was leaked by mistake.  Don't remember enough about it to know if I'll buy it, but definitely interested in checking it out when it's available.  I love her shadows.

That CP palette is pretty, good luck with it.  I love a good smokey, gray eye on occasion.  I know the ND 5 pan you're talking about - Mel did a review on it and it looked fantastic on her (she had the most gorgeous eyes).  If I remember correctly, she liked it but didn't love it, but it was one of my favorite eye looks.