Trusted Contributor

Re: GREAT NEW SPF TO RECOMMEND

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Shanus, thank you! I have GOT to find a sunscreen I can use under make-up. I am exactly one of those people who can't stand the feel of sunscreen...and my face shows it! Just came from the dermatologist today. Had a little thingy taken off my arm that was scaring the cwap out of me but he said he didn't think it was anything...biopsy results to come. And oddly enough, right now I have one of the worst rosacea flares ever in my life! He emphasized using sunscreen. I do use IT CC cream which has SPF but I want to put something on even before that...or on days when I don't wear make-up. Does this Neutrogena leave your face oily at all...like later in the day? I've got to find something to use consistently. Awhile back I bought the Cerave AM moisturizer with SPF and I could not get that stuff off my face fast enough. HA! This one:   

CeraVe AM Face Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum Protection, SPF 30,3 oz

I use this Cerave everyday!  Why didn't you like it?

Trusted Contributor

I was into sunscreens before it was popular. I wish I had been better about applying to my hands, however, but that is another story. Thanks for the recommendation. I am always looking for new suncreens and prefer ones that are 30 or above. I will definitely check this one out. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I am loving the alba Botanica for sensitive skin spf 50 spray.  Sprays on clear and dries quickly.  I don't use on my face but spray my arms and hands and I am out the door.  Quick and easy.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@mnmom wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Shanus, thank you! I have GOT to find a sunscreen I can use under make-up. I am exactly one of those people who can't stand the feel of sunscreen...and my face shows it! Just came from the dermatologist today. Had a little thingy taken off my arm that was scaring the cwap out of me but he said he didn't think it was anything...biopsy results to come. And oddly enough, right now I have one of the worst rosacea flares ever in my life! He emphasized using sunscreen. I do use IT CC cream which has SPF but I want to put something on even before that...or on days when I don't wear make-up. Does this Neutrogena leave your face oily at all...like later in the day? I've got to find something to use consistently. Awhile back I bought the Cerave AM moisturizer with SPF and I could not get that stuff off my face fast enough. HA! This one:   

CeraVe AM Face Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum Protection, SPF 30,3 oz

I use this Cerave everyday!  Why didn't you like it?

@mnmom, I didn't like it probably because I'm weird. Ha! I simply cannot stand greasy stuff on my face. I've always had more then enough grease to go around. And I also wasn't expecting it to be white when applied. I should give it another shot...and maybe use a little less. But as I stated in another post, I've always hated sunscreen, and my skin shows it. Heck, I don't even like moisturizers. I'm hopeless! Woman Surprised  

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I think every sunscreen ingredient we were told to avoid is in this.

so what suncreens do you use? and what is to be avoided 

IMO using one is better than going without

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

I think every sunscreen ingredient we were told to avoid is in this.

so what suncreens do you use? and what is to be avoided 

IMO using one is better than going without

@jackthebear, you are right, but I prefer fewer chemicals. There are many excellent mineral-based sunscreens and hybrids. The SPF 50 in the brand being discussed here has a ton of chemicals, including those that can damage the very fragile coral reefs.

It also includes a form of alcohol that is very drying to the skin. Plus, it contains fragrance as well as a form on menthol, which can be irritating.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland