Honored Contributor

I just read “Toss The Gloss”. It’s about not only organizing makeup, but mostly about makeup for women over 50 (dos and don’ts), insights into makeup/skincare industry and so much more.

The title? The author, Andrea Robinson, suggests lipgloss is for much younger women and cheerleaders....not the over 50 woman.

Loved all the pointers and facts insider info about large makeup companies and what they do to promote their products. 

Honored Contributor

Re: GREAT BEAUTY BOOK TO SHARE

I read it

and didn't care for it

I like my lip gloss

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not a fan of anyone or anything that tells me what to do or not to do after a certain age. I am a grown up and will decide for myself.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

@Shanus

Thanks . I remember Andrea Robinson, she was at Ultima II years ago and worked on their line the NAKEDS with Kevin Aucoin . That was my favoriite makeup line . They had a gorgeous line of  natural colors that worked for many skin tones 

Honored Contributor

In one of her videos she basically claimed she was the first to introduce natural colors and Bobbi Brown copied her. 

I read her book but wondered why she lumps all women together. If a woman worked hard over the years to maintain her appearance, she won't have lip lines. 64 and have none. Same with her thoughts on blush. I have oily skin and powder blushes look fine on me. 

Good discussion, though, @Shanus. As usual, love your topics.

Honored Contributor

Really despise dictates about clothing, hair, makeup, lifestyle etc  based on age.

Not cutting my hair, tossing my gloss, leggings, short skirts or anything based on someone else's dictates or hangups about age.

I am a strong, creative, confident and contemporary woman - appreciate these traits in others Heart throw away/ignore these stupid antiquated rules Woman LOL 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing.  I will have to check out this book—sounds interesting and helpful!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

In one of her videos she basically claimed she was the first to introduce natural colors and Bobbi Brown copied her. 

I read her book but wondered why she lumps all women together. If a woman worked hard over the years to maintain her appearance, she won't have lip lines. 64 and have none. Same with her thoughts on blush. I have oily skin and powder blushes look fine on me. 

Good discussion, though, @Shanus. As usual, love your topics.

@Trinity11  Thanks for compliment re: my topics. Keep up the great skincare. I agree w/ you 100%.

Esteemed Contributor

I do have that book and I think it's fun but not all the advice will work for me. The author is blonde and fair so the nude color palette she prefers doesn't work for me as I have dark hair. I do like a no makeup look but it takes a lot of work to get that look in real life. 

I don't often wear gloss but I do keep some in plum shades! I have a nice plum cream blush stick by Annabelle but I generally prefer powder blushes.

Respected Contributor

I'm so bad I put gloss OVER matte lipstick or even matte over my gloss. No rules here.