Honored Contributor

Re: GIVEN UP SMOKEY EYES AT 70

@2blonde wrote:

@Shanus   My problem is the only time I have lines under my eyes is when I smile (I should stop doing that!).  I hate thick makeup, so I just use lots and lots of moisturizer, then the concealers/brighteners just where needed, then I dust Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten Illumination all over my face.  I then add the pressed blush, shadows, liners, mascara, lips, and brow pencils (in that order).  Whew!

@2blonde   IMHO, I’d skip the illuminating products and powder blush. You may want to try a cream blush. Too much powder, moisturizer or not, will settle into and exaggerate lines. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will be 70 in November and was discussing eyeshadows with a friend yesterday. I told her that what used to look good on me doesn't look so great anymore. What works for me is to keep a lighter shade on my lower lid then do a slightly darker  shade in the crease and a little at the outer eye area. An all over smokey just isn't cutting it for me anymore. There was a discussion on Facebook about how makeup isn't age related. That a woman at any age can wear whatever. I disagree. Colors that I wore when I was younger aren't always the best for me now.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus----Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Shanus-----come on--you know, tired blurry eyes-------not from disease just from the busy days we all have-----I thought it was funny??!!! Maybe not-----

@wagirl   Oh, thought you found an eye product that I had not heard about. 😜

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

I will be 70 in November and was discussing eyeshadows with a friend yesterday. I told her that what used to look good on me doesn't look so great anymore. What works for me is to keep a lighter shade on my lower lid then do a darker shade in the crease and a little at the outer eye area. An all over smokey just isn't cutting it for me anymore. There was a discussion on Facebook about how makeup isn't age related. That a woman at any age can wear whatever. I disagree. Colors that I wore when I was younger aren't always the best for me now.

@Tricolor   Sorry, Facebook is not correct and you have the right idea. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   Actually, I've found this process works well for me.  The Balance and brighten is a baked product, so there is no powdery look at all as long as enough moisturizer or a primer is underneath.  I find this gives me a glowy youthful look.  My undereye area looks perfectly smooth unless I smile, but the lines go away again when I relax.  I do a lot of exfoliation, so that helps keep my skin from looking dull.

I put my makeup on at 7:00am, go to work, jog outside at lunchtime, go to the gym after work for 2 hours on most days, and return home around 7:30pm.  My makeup still looks the same, even though I have to drag my butt up the stairs!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Shanus   Actually, I've found this process works well for me.  The Balance and brighten is a baked product, so there is no powdery look at all as long as enough moisturizer or a primer is underneath.  I find this gives me a glowy youthful look.  My undereye area looks perfectly smooth unless I smile, but the lines go away again when I relax.  I do a lot of exfoliation, so that helps keep my skin from looking dull.

I put my makeup on at 7:00am, go to work, jog outside at lunchtime, go to the gym after work for 2 hours on most days, and return home around 7:30pm.  My makeup still looks the same, even though I have to drag my butt up the stairs!

@2blonde   Didn’t mean to offend, but I’d rather smile. The heck w/ lines.

Respected Contributor

At 67 1/2 I still use eye shadow. I keep it very lightly

applied. I use Clinique or Revlon matte soft brown and a pale gray or soft blue. I use the Belle eyeliner in black and a pencil under the eye. Mascara is used only for very special occasions since it bothers my eyes.

I don’t use concealer under my eyes, no dark circles, but beginning to Have puffiness.

Use Velvet Skin Coat by DHC primer, It non illuminating 

foundation, Clinique blush and Laura Geller baked blush.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

At 67 1/2 I still use eye shadow. I keep it very lightly

applied. I use Clinique or Revlon matte soft brown and a pale gray or soft blue. I use the Belle eyeliner in black and a pencil under the eye. Mascara is used only for very special occasions since it bothers my eyes.

I don’t use concealer under my eyes, no dark circles, but beginning to Have puffiness.

Use Velvet Skin Coat by DHC primer, It non illuminating 

foundation, Clinique blush and Laura Geller baked blush.

@IMW   Love that you’re proud to add 1/2 o 67. Your makeup sounds like a flattering look. No need for concealer? Lucky you. 

Respected Contributor

@wagirlIt IS funny (unless the blurriness is from cataracts)!