Honored Contributor

GIGANTIC DIAMOND ON WANDER VENDOR

Maybe it's just me, but if someone's selling makeup (or anything) that's supposed to be well priced, save us money by each product doing many things, etc., leave the 10 carat diamond ring at home. 

It makes me feel as though she's made her millions and is flashing that ring while touting bargain makeup. Uh. No!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: GIGANTIC DIAMOND ON WANDER VENDOR

I happened to catch a few minutes and didn't even notice her ring. If she has a nice ring, she should be able to wear it without such scrutiny.

Sometimes I think we just look for something to post about.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Maybe it's dimonique.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I happened to catch a few minutes and didn't even notice her ring. If she has a nice ring, she should be able to wear it without such scrutiny.

Although my ring is a 2.50 oval, I do wear it every day. My point is there are some times it's not appropriate. When my DH (tax accountant) and I are w/ clients for dinner, it's not appropriate. The client would assume the same as I would if the shoe was on the other foot, "Wow. Look at his wive's ring. He must be really over charging us". I also don't wear it when I'm doing charity work....some people I'm helping can't afford food for their children... wear a huge ring while working with them....no way.

On those occasions I leave my ring home and just wear my wedding band. It's called sensitivity and/or in the case of Wander vendor....common sense.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Maybe it's dimonique.

Whether it's a real diamond or not, is not the point to me. It's like purchasing a 10 yr. old used car from someone who drives away in a Rolls Royce....Be real with people you're selling to...wear your ring on your own time.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Agreed!!!!!

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Although my ring is a 2.50 oval, I do wear it every day. My point is there are some times it's not appropriate. When my DH (tax accountant) and I are w/ clients for dinner, it's not appropriate. The client would assume the same as I would if the shoe was on the other foot, "Wow. Look at his wive's ring. He must be really over charging us". I also don't wear it when I'm doing charity work....some people I'm helping can't afford food for their children... wear a huge ring while working with them....no way.

On those occasions I leave my ring home and just wear my wedding band. It's called sensitivity and/or in the case of Wander vendor....common sense.

Agree with you 100%, I was not comfortable wearing mine when I worked, (nurse) but nice to wear it most of the time now..nothing wrong with being sensitive about this.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but if someone's selling makeup (or anything) that's supposed to be well priced, save us money by each product doing many things, etc., leave the 10 carat diamond ring at home. 

It makes me feel as though she's made her millions and is flashing that ring while touting bargain makeup. Uh. No!!!!

Maybe someone bought her the ring or it was passed down ...or maybe it's Diamonique.  Whatever the case, it's her ring to wear as she pleases.  I think your comparison is out of line.

Valued Contributor

Could be moissanite. More and more people are choosing size and appearance over an inferior looking diamond. I have a 2 carat moissey, no way could I afford a diamond of that quality and size.

Respected Contributor

While I agree with you that wearing a large diamond to do certain things might not be appropriate, I don't think selling goods on QVC classifies as one of those things. Lindsay is a very successful VS model and is married to a guy in medical sales, and has a thriving cosmetics company. Why shouldn't she wear her huge ring? I wouldnt think a thing of it.