Honored Contributor

Re: Funny how many Q beauty brands defy Paula's teachings

@jaxs mom wrote:

QVC touts her expertise? I've never noticed that. I haven't even seen any of her products being presented on the Q. 

They only do when she is presenting her products (and yes, they have shown her products onair), just like they tout all the other skincare brands' expertise when they are on lol.

Frequent Contributor

You have to keep in mind that she is also wanting to sell her own line of products, so naturally there are going to be "problems" with most other products.
Honored Contributor

I honestly don't understand the OP's point.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

@suzyQ3 Paula is known for being the "cosmetics cop" and has had a website for years where she debunks all sorts of beauty myths and talks about the science behind what really works (and doesn't). This is how her own line of skincare developed, which has been around far longer than the Q has been selling it. She is known for rating different ingredients from "worst" to "best," and explains why each ingredient gets that rating.

Many of her biggest no-no ingredients are seemingly harmless and/or soothing natural oils, such as lavender or mint, as well as any fragrance in a skincare product. So it's just a thread about how much the hosts flip-flop over whether Paula's lessons are accurate, when they also tout the wonderful essential oils of, for example the Wen mists and other items you're supposed to use on your face (Paula must be cringing if she's ever backstage when one of those shows is happening). 

It's not a post advising Q to stop selling the other lines, as many have interpreted it, but simply one about yet another way the hosts tend to change their stories depending on what they're selling.

Honored Contributor

@HomeShoppingLover87 wrote:

@suzyQ3 Paula is known for being the "cosmetics cop" and has had a website for years where she debunks all sorts of beauty myths and talks about the science behind what really works (and doesn't). This is how her own line of skincare developed, which has been around far longer than the Q has been selling it. She is known for rating different ingredients from "worst" to "best," and explains why each ingredient gets that rating.

Many of her biggest no-no ingredients are seemingly harmless and/or soothing natural oils, such as lavender or mint, as well as any fragrance in a skincare product. So it's just a thread about how much the hosts flip-flop over whether Paula's lessons are accurate, when they also tout the wonderful essential oils of, for example the Wen mists and other items you're supposed to use on your face (Paula must be cringing if she's ever backstage when one of those shows is happening). 

It's not a post advising Q to stop selling the other lines, as many have interpreted it, but simply one about yet another way the hosts tend to change their stories depending on what they're selling.

First of all, of course the hosts "sell" whatever they're selling. You surely know that.

So I infer that you perhaps wanted to voice your opinion about Paula. With me, you're barking up the wrong tree. I happen to believe much of what she states when it comes to ingredients and skincare.

And I think that her own line is top-notch -- free of known irritants, free of fragrance, free from cruelty, and moderately priced for such excellent products and ingredients.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

@suzyQ3 Excuse me? Nothing more frustrating on a board than when someone threatens you based on a completely inaccurate assumption. Unless you meant "preaching to the choir" and not "barking up the wrong tree," which has a rather aggressive context. 

As said in the original post, I am a fan of Paula's and have been since long before she came to QVC. 

Respected Contributor

This thread reminds me of song lyrics:

If you can't be with the one you love,

Love the one you're with

In other words, whatever's being presented on-air, no matter what it is, is the best.

Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

Love the one you're with

In other words, whatever's being presented on-air, no matter what it is, is the best.

@DoneTryin wrote:

Love the one you're with

Kinda like a host saying she has Philosophy 3-in-1's in every shower and it's great because it can be used from head to toe so you hair smells great and doesn't compete with the lotion, etc..  Next timeslot is WEN and it's all she and her family ever use.  You're right...whatever the product, they all use everything they're presenting.  SMH.  You have to take that kind of stuff with a grain of salt. 

One thing I appreciate about Heather Hall on Evine.  She admitted right on air that while she has her certain products that she regularly uses, she does try items she's going to present for a period of time prior to a show, but then goes back to her favorites.

Honored Contributor

@HomeShoppingLover87, I'm sorry if you felt in any way threatened by me. That's just not my interpretation of the barking/tree idiom, or at least that's not how I used it here.

When I read your "Many of her biggest no-no ingredients are seemingly harmless and/or soothing natural oils, such as lavender or mint, as well as any fragrance in a skincare product," I inferred, apparently incorrectly,  that you do not agree with her and that they ARE  harmless. If I did  read that part incorrectly, I do apologize.

But back to what, then, is your point, I still, as others have said, don't expect anything different from a shopping channel than the hard sell for each and every product. They would say that it's not hypocrisy; it's business.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 Alright, sorry, misunderstanding on both parts. But for the record, I do trust Paula and do not believe that anything natural is good for the skin just because it came from the earth.