Respected Contributor

Function of Beauty (Customized Hair Products)

Curious if anyone has tried this? My cousin tried it and really loves it.

Before I decide to give it a try I am curious if anyone here has tried it in the past?

Valued Contributor

Re: Function of Beauty (Customized Hair Products)

@SandGirl 

Hi yes I have been using it since last October and it is terrific.  I will soon be 57 and have salt and pepper short hair . I do use Maison 276 for silver hair a couple of times a month . I had seen the ads on the NYC subways but then YouTube dermatologist Dr Dray did a video on them .I took the plunge and love it . You really get a customized formula even scent 🤗🤗

Respected Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@SandGirl 

Hi yes I have been using it since last October and it is terrific.  I will soon be 57 and have salt and pepper short hair . I do use Maison 276 for silver hair a couple of times a month . I had seen the ads on the NYC subways but then YouTube dermatologist Dr Dray did a video on them .I took the plunge and love it . You really get a customized formula even scent 🤗🤗

@marmarbrooklyn  Thank you so much, since you get a little $ off your first subscriiption and 16oz bottles I was thinking about trying it. I was choosing Strength, Anti Aging, Volume, Lengthen and nourish roots.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl 

Hi I also did strength, anti aging and volume.  I did the cherry blossom scent . The product is great you can also customize your bottle with your name and they also send  cute stickers .Its a fun touch 😀

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl  Yes Function of Beauty is excellent imo. A few years ago I was shedding alot & experienced breakage & dryness on my fine textured colored hair but it is not thin. My hair stylist recommended it because she used it. It took at least a month to notice the difference (no more breakage or dryness & much less frizz) & also the conditioner helped with the frizz I was experiencing. I did try Prose which is also a customized hair care but did not like it & returned before I got the reco. I don't have the same problems with my hair anymore & if I were to re-purchase I would have to click on a different formula. Loved that I could pick out the color of the bottles & my name on the bottles too! I just purchased a new brand that I haven't tryed out yet but its not a personilized formula but was drawn to it because of the ingred's. If you decide to purchase, let use know what you think. Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

Hi @SandGirl .  Have you been working from home all this time or are you still going to work everyday?  I know you mentioned before that you were tired of the daily routine of washing, drying, curling ,etc.  Just wondering if you're still having to do it daily.  

That's one of advantage of working from home that I've enjoyed - not having to get ready every morning.  

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  On and off, for sure enjoy the days that I am able to just work from home and love giving myself a break from getting ready each day that's for sure! With wearing a mask everywhere we go, I don't go out other than to get what we "need", I do not do any shopping or browsing, just not the say staying 6ft apart wearing a mask, not planning on doing anything other than "needs" until some of the restrictions are lifted.

Respected Contributor

Tried it for a couple of months and had to cancel auto delivery.  My scalp started itching and hair getting quite oily after only a day.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@pommom  Thank yoU! Do you remember what selections you made on the 5 concerns you can choose from?

Occasional Contributor

I've used fob for the last 18 months and love it. Try the hair serum--it's awesome for taming flyaways. Recently I tried 'formulate' brand and love the shampoo, but no a fan of the conditioner.