Occasional Contributor

My absolute favorite is Haute as Hello by Essie. I just bought a new bottle last week. It's a very pretty, bright coral. I'll need to look the names up but I also love bright pinks. Pastels are a staple, too. I really haven't looked at the new polishes (which is very unusual for me). I've just had a lot going on.

Honored Contributor

Oh I always paint my toenails wild colors! I love doing them in very colorful sparkles but that polish is so hard to remove! But its fun nonetheless!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor
@ID2 I switched to Zoya polish remover and it makes taking off polish, even with glitter, so much easier and faster than typical remover. To me, it's worth the extra cost.
Respected Contributor

@jewel3

So what.  Do your thing, Girl!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

I always liked new and different colors, but thought  I should stay clear of them since I always polish my finger nails in a rather subdued color.  My daughter always told me I look like I was an "old lady"...I guess referring to my grandmother, who, until she passed last year at 100 years old, had a weekly pedicure with nude polish.

Last summer, I fell and gave myself a significant back injury.  For a month and a half I couldn't even ride in the car, only painfully to my PT appointments.  My sweet daughter drove 70 miles every two weeks to give me manicures and pedicures.  She said she got to choose the toenail colors SHE wanted.  I had everything from NEON orange to navy, light blue and lavendar.  I loved them all!!  I developed a particularly affinity for the lavendar and have since found several colors within that color group I really like.

Trusted Contributor

I pretty much stick with neutral light colors on my fingernails, but go with wild colors on my toenails.  Since I type pretty much all day long at work, at least with ligher colors on my fingernails, it is not as noticeable when it start to chip........which is usually only a couple days after I have them done because of all my typing!  LOL

Occasional Contributor

Re: Fun Toenail Polish

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Oh I always paint my toenails wild colors! I love doing them in very colorful sparkles but that polish is so hard to remove! But its fun nonetheless!

Beauty Secrets pink sold at Sally Beauty Supply will take that polish right off. If it's a really tough glitter polish, you can unroll a cotton ball, pinch off a chunk, dip in remover (just the edge, it will soak up in the cotton) and place it on nails for a minute or so. For the big glitter, you may have to do that twice.

You don't need foil or anything like that, just make sure you have a large enough size to cover the nail with cotton, well saturated but not dripping. I always use an old towel beacuse I do get a little extra on it sometimes. Watch this video to get an idea of what I'm talking about. For glitter use a lot more cotton than she does and leave it on longer. 

Sally has a sale on all sizes of Beauty Secrets removers during the year, but it doesn't cost very much anyway. I just buy an extra bottle when I do see it on sale.

Respected Contributor
@Quinny it's great to go a little outside your comfort zone. If you don't like something, you don't have to use it again. But you just might find and love something you wouldn't have otherwise come across.
Occasional Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

I always liked new and different colors, but thought  I should stay clear of them since I always polish my finger nails in a rather subdued color.  My daughter always told me I look like I was an "old lady"...I guess referring to my grandmother, who, until she passed last year at 100 years old, had a weekly pedicure with nude polish.

Last summer, I fell and gave myself a significant back injury.  For a month and a half I couldn't even ride in the car, only painfully to my PT appointments.  My sweet daughter drove 70 miles every two weeks to give me manicures and pedicures.  She said she got to choose the toenail colors SHE wanted.  I had everything from NEON orange to navy, light blue and lavendar.  I loved them all!!  I developed a particularly affinity for the lavendar and have since found several colors within that color group I really like.

Lavender is another go-to for me. My favorites have blue or red shimmer, and I especially love the gray-ish toned lavender. 

Respected Contributor

@SnowOwl, I'm happy to see your post!  I hope you'll stop by the Nail Polish thread and let us know how things are going.   I hope all is good.  Smiley Very Happy