Honored Contributor

Re: Frustrated with IT Cosmetics

@Mama Deb wrote:

I have begged for a cool tone foundation for those of us with pink undertones for 10 years but no one ever listens. I think if they did create a shade for us, they would be extremely happy to see how many would purchase it.

Not everyone is yellow toned....

#listentoyourcustomers

@Mama Deb I am cool and I am a #3 In Clinique's Repairwear Lazer Focus and their loose powder in the neutral.

Respected Contributor

IT Cosmetics did not step it up in their shade range until a big YouTuber called Jaime out on her big speech about being told she would never make it initially, blah, blah, blah. Now, I can not for the life of me understand why a big cosmetic company such as It Cosmetics is NOT inclusive in their shade range?! There is absolutely no excuse for offering 8-12 shades in a TSV. 

There are plenty of big brands that need to step up their game. When Fenty hit Sephora with her 50-55 shade range, it made all those brands look bad, IMO. IT is not the only brand by far. Dior just came out with a foundation that is really pitiful in the shade range. I am not a WOC nor and I a fair skin tone, but I would be frustrated if I was. 

Thats my 2 cents on the whole thing. I am a neutral undertone and can’t wear the CC cream without mixing it. Also, if you love the Bye, Bye pores powder, then you would should try the Charlotte Tilbury pressed powder. It’s so good! 

Trusted Contributor

I used IT Celebration Foundation for years with success. Over a year ago I noticed that my skin looked different when I used it.  Maybe the formulation changed but it looked like I put powder on my face, not what I was going for.  I switched to Too Faced Born This Way foundation and my skin looks great (got color matched to Warm Nude).    

I tried ordering the Jan IT TSV to give it one more try.  I put it on and my face looked red and blotchy.  I immediately returned and won't be trying IT ever again.  

Regular Contributor

I quit buying their products when they upped their prices. I don't like that. 

Regular Contributor

GABSTOOMUCH   I totally get what your saying about the yellow undertones. I've always used LIGHT it cc cream, but one day while outside I looked in a mirror and I saw it, yellow !  So I ordered the FAIR and now I don't see the yellow undertone. If you can go down a shade it mihjt be worth your while.  Other than that, I do love their cc cream, lasts all day, non drying etc. don't have to worry about sunscreen !   Felinemom

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of IT either. I threw most of it away except the brushes are amazing. Too yellow and the CC 50 spf cream is so thick. I do like the brow pencil tho but nothing else. 

Regular Contributor

same here! I really like the texture and the coverage, but cant get a color match. Was using medium......went to Ulta and the sales person told me neutral medium was a perfecttt match for me. It looked good in the store, but in the car the next day.....too dark! Not quite as yellow as medium but definitely darker.