Super Contributor

Does anyone know of a good product for frizzy hair ?  I use pretty good products, mostly Tweak'd, but still have some frizz.  My hair is curly/wavey.  I do color myself with Naturtint ( it is a little more gentle) about every 7 weeks and mostly air dry with scrunching. TIA

Trusted Contributor

Mousse.

Honored Contributor

Have you tried the Tweak'd Styling Cream?

Super Contributor

Re: Frizzy Hair

[ Edited ]

I do have the Chiuri Butter Styler, I like it, but don't love it.  For anyone who has trouble getting the product out, I take the cap off and "play" with the spring. I took it out and put it back on, then put cap back on and it works fine. 

Thanks @JeanLouiseFrench.  I'll keep working with it, cause i got 2 in my deal.

Super Contributor

Re: Frizzy Hair

[ Edited ]

@Caffeina wrote:

Mousse.

I may go back to a Mousse when I finish up my products. Thanks

Respected Contributor

Color Wow Dreamcoat . you do have to blowdry the 1st time to set the product.  Lasts thru several shampoos.  in subsequent poos skipped the dryer.

Fll size about $28. Amazon had travel size kits with poo/cond for a bit less.

i like to air dry too but imo the air if it has any humidity in it just encourages frizz.

Frequent Contributor

I had a lot of frizz when I stopped coloring my hair.. I now use

L'Oreal Paris Le Color One Step Toning Hair Gloss and it has helped quite a bit.  I get it on Amazon for around $12.  Most of the formulas add a little color but I have only used the clear formula.  The first time I used it, I followed the directions. Now, I use it in place of conditioner ever 2nd or 3rd shampoo.  I have thin, fine hair and I was afraid it would weigh it down and it doesn't.  It's working pretty well for me.

Respected Contributor

@TerryNJ I have color treated, thick wavy hair that dries a little frizzy until I smooth it out, styling it with product and curling iron.

Two things I love are:

Eleven Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner

Recommended to me by a hairdresser friend, and it's one of the best shampoos/conditioners I've used. My hair still needs smoothing out with styling but it comes so soft and shiny and silky after I do style it. 

I also use an oil I love, great smell too, also recommended by that same hairdresser friend...Affinage Ketoko Oil Treatment I buy on Amazon. Nice for after my hair dries and before I style with curling iron...for the frizzy ends to smooth and shine.

Valued Contributor

I used to have it, but there is not just one product that solves the problem. First, your hair is dry so washing it more than twice a week is too much. I use 3 products from R&Co. which is the brand my Hairdresser sells which is great! The products are, Bel-Aire smoothing Shampoo, a conditioner by Briogeo (find on Sephora) the Superfood Banana and coconut conditioner it's amazing! Then, I add for my long hair, a good size dollap of R&Co. Cool Wind air dry creme then let my hair dry 80% then lastly 3-4 pumps of R&Co. two-way mirror smoothing oil. These are not expensive hair products either. I have long hair that's naturally slightly curly so frizz is always something I have to fight. This combo is perfect. Try R&Co. they have great products and all are vegan, sulfate free, and cruelty free. If you get only one thing, and I could use only one, it would be the banana conditioner. Oh, and also a really good water shower filter is crucial. Otherwise the hard water minerals will keep your hair frizzy. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I have curly hair that's gray.  I air dry 99% of the time.  Have you tried using a drop or 2 of Argan oil?  Doesn't have to be the expensive stuff.  I love the one from Trader Joe's. I get great shine and no frizzy's