Respected Contributor

Re: Frizz leave-in product for straight gray hair that is colored

@maestra Unfortunately, I waited too long to return. Tks everyone else, & maestra for the info. I should watch more closely & pay more attention. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg

Good luck with the Conair paddle brush. When I first got mine, I tried it on the lowest heat setting just to see what it was like. I now use it on the highest heat setting but the preference is yours. I would try it on one side on the low setting and the other side on a higher setting to see how it goes. Do be sure to turn the brush to the off position and unplug the unit when you are done as it does not have an auto shutoff. The paddle brush comes with a small mat to place the hot brush on and that works well. I let my brush cool down totally before I put it away.

Let me know how you like the Conair paddle brush after you try it out!

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisgwrote:

@jackthebear, I have not heard of those, so I will mention them to my hairstylist next time I go in. TY!

@Ainhisg

they may not be familiar either,  I think they push the keratin b/c they are 3 month products and fade away whereas the anti-curl type just grow out.  So the financial interest is there for the stylist (IMO)

Silis by Framesi  

they are essentially reverse perms.  I love the process and have not found it to be harmful to my hair. I color my hair as well  

Respected Contributor

@TYwrote:

@Ainhisg

Good luck with the Conair paddle brush. When I first got mine, I tried it on the lowest heat setting just to see what it was like. I now use it on the highest heat setting but the preference is yours. I would try it on one side on the low setting and the other side on a higher setting to see how it goes. Do be sure to turn the brush to the off position and unplug the unit when you are done as it does not have an auto shutoff. The paddle brush comes with a small mat to place the hot brush on and that works well. I let my brush cool down totally before I put it away.

Let me know how you like the Conair paddle brush after you try it out!

@TY, I used the brush today and was amazed.  It smoothed my hair on top--not as flat as a flat iron but smoother than if I had just left it after blow drying.  But the really amazing thing about it, was that it completely took out all the wave in the back that my hair has developed as I've gotten older.  My upper hair is straight and the underneath is wavy...go figure...  Anyway, I have never been able to get that perfectly nice and straight even with a flat iron, because it is difficult to reach to pull my flat iron through the hair, so I am usually left with a small wave there.  Even when I use my flat iron, I can see that I will fire this up to use on the underneath layers.  Thanks for the recommendation!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg

I'm glad that the Conair paddle brush works so well for you! Your hair texture sounds alot like mine. I have wavier hair in the back but it's not as wavy in the front but I have frizz if I let my hair air dry. The paddle brush does the job, especially in the back and what I love is that it's easy to use and you don't have to see what you're doing to be effective.

I also think that the ion generator in this brush really helps with frizz too. I also have the smaller travel size Conair heated paddle brush but it's not as good as the big one as it doesn't get as hot and it doesn't have an ion generator so it doesn't do as good a job as the big Conair paddle brush getting my hair straight.

When I was recently in Las Vegas a friend complimented me on my straight hair and asked what I was using so I told her about the Conair big paddle brush and showed her what it looked like on my phone. She was thinking of getting one for her daughter who also has long hair.