Esteemed Contributor

Re: Friday's EVE PEARL TSV... OMG!!

Ladies please calm down about the darkness of the colors in the photo. It's obvious QVC chose to use the Dark palette for this photo.  I'm sure the shades of the other palettes will appear more representative of the color you need when you see the presentation.

I probably will not purchase, but I give Ms. Pearl credit for offering three shades which are suitable for women of color (Tan, Dark, and Deep), as opposed to the "one" offered by most QVC cosmetic vendors.Woman Happy  

Trusted Contributor

The future shipments of the A/D will be shipped without a brush, and for $51.  I would think they normally knock the price down about $10 when they do not include brushes - is that right?  So this might be $64.99 or 59.99...I'm going to guess $64.99 since the regular Q price is $72. A TSV might be $7 cheaper than the regular price.  If it's $59.99 I may have to order it to give Eve Pearl an honest try.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I just looked at the swatches and I would be a tan, Friday is my birthday and I think I might treat me, the TSV price is not showing yet, so I will wait and see

Yes oxox - I believe I will follow your lead with the tan based on the swatches, but I too will have to watch the presentations.  An early Happy Birthday btw. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Wackers3 wrote:

HSN is now carrying a new line by Bobbi Thomas called Woosh and they offer a complete pallette in multiple shade selections for every step of daily makeup.  Have not tried it myself yet but it has become a Customer Pick with a 4.2 rating out of 81 reviews which is pretty impressive for a new product launch and the type of complete product it is.

One of the founders is Bobbi Thomas who was a Beauty Editor for years and years so saw and tried thousands of beauty products.  The other founder is either a DD or GD of the Amway founder.

Saw a presentation on it today and for the amount of products in their pallettes, it is a darn good buy at $79 (fee shipping and flex pay too I believe.)

Just thought I mention it for anyone who hadn't caught it yet as it appears to be quite well liked by most who have purchased.

Thanks, @Wackers3 for posting this.  That looks nice, too.  And I love those type of sets for travel.  Decisions, decisions....

Honored Contributor

@Wackers3 wrote:

HSN is now carrying a new line by Bobbi Thomas called Woosh and they offer a complete pallette in multiple shade selections for every step of daily makeup.  Have not tried it myself yet but it has become a Customer Pick with a 4.2 rating out of 81 reviews which is pretty impressive for a new product launch and the type of complete product it is.

One of the founders is Bobbi Thomas who was a Beauty Editor for years and years so saw and tried thousands of beauty products.  The other founder is either a DD or GD of the Amway founder.

Saw a presentation on it today and for the amount of products in their pallettes, it is a darn good buy at $79 (fee shipping and flex pay too I believe.)

Just thought I mention it for anyone who hadn't caught it yet as it appears to be quite well liked by most who have purchased.

@Wackers3 do you know if that brand is cruelty free? TIA!

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

Ladies please calm down about the darkness of the colors in the photo. It's obvious QVC chose to use the Dark palette for this photo.  I'm sure the shades of the other palettes will appear more representative of the color you need when you see the presentation.

I probably will not purchase, but I give Ms. Pearl credit for offering three shades which are suitable for women of color (Tan, Dark, and Deep), as opposed to the "one" offered by most QVC cosmetic vendors.Woman Happy  

@Trix weird because I don't see anyone get all frantic about how dark they are in the photo -at least not to the point of telling everyone to calm down- did I miss something?  I think we all know they offer the colors in lighter shades and that was mentioned a few times in various posts.

Super Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Wackers3 wrote:

@Wackers3 do you know if that brand is cruelty free? TIA!

Don't know HD but thought I'd offer up that I had the palette and LOVED most of it.  Had to send it back b/c for the price, not worth it: 1. sparkly e/s & 1 blush 2. powder got in cream products.  I wanted SO badly to love it and keep it and that is out of m/u character for me ;-)  Normally I like and it works for me or not-never have to try to love something.  Would have been so great for 5 min. face days (which mine are) and for travel.    hth SnowKita  

Honored Contributor

@SnowKita thank you! It is weird but I googled "whoosh" and only get some screen cleaner and other odds and ends but not anything beauty related.

Valued Contributor

Never heard of this person or cosmetics line, but I was curious so I took a look. One glance at the ingredients and I laughed out loud. Uh, no thanks! Talc and mica-- two of the well known ingredients that commonly wreak havoc with many people's skin (mine included) according to my dermatologist.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Eve Pearl.jpg

I really wanted to try this line but I don't think these products looks appealing.

the brushes look nice! lol