Frequent Contributor

Re: Fresh Smelling Fragrance for Winter

On 1/11/2015 UMDTerpFan said:
On 1/10/2015 Jes16 said:
On 1/10/2015 virgosun said:

I was at the mall today and tried on Dolce by D & G. Very nice! Light and fresh. My mother used to wear Shalimar all the time and the scent still gives me a headache, very overpowering Oriental fragrance.

This sounds really good, and thanks for the info. I have D&G The Rose, Light Blue and a sampler of The One. All are nice scents. I just checked out Dolce that you mentioned on Sephora, and it's got some good reviews. I'm curious now about it and want to see what it's like. Shalimar is nice, but I can see how it would give you a headache.

I tried D&G's Dolce and to me, the scent was so light and had no lasting power. I prefer Carvin Le Perfum so you might want to check that one out. I also have D&G Pour Femme which is really nice & long lasting.

Yes, D&G's Dolce had good reviews, but I did notice many mentioned the no lasting power as well. That wouldn't be good either. I don't like strong scents, but maybe sometimes it's the amount you put on. I try not to be heavy-handed with anything I use because you know how awful that can be.

I have the double rollerball of CLEAN Warm and Cool Cottons which I like. Most of the other versions of CLEAN are also nice, fresh scents but I would use sparingly. I need to check them out again! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I love Elizabeth and James Black and White Nirvana, yes wearing them together is heavenly

Frequent Contributor

On 1/11/2015 expatgal said: CLEAN "White Woods". Just discovered it a month ago and love it. I got mine at Sephora.

I recommend the CLEAN scents, as well. As I mentioned in another post, I got the double rollerball of Warm and Cool cotton recently and like it, and all the others in that line were also nice. They are light fragrances that I'd wear any time of the year.

Honored Contributor

Jo Malone offers so many choices. I personally like Pomegranate Noir for Fall/Winter. I also like Pischaio SP? by Laura Mercier.

There is also Caldrea's apricot aloe perfume purse size roller ball for $18 and the body lotion or butter. Sold at Beauty.com and possibly Nordstrom. It's light yet inviting.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I like Fifth Ave. by Elizabeth Arden. It starts out fresh, citrus and dries down soft like a white musk, but stays clean, and fresh. I get compliments. I never liked it, but tried last month, and after an hour, it really grew on me.

Valued Contributor

I also really like Origins Ginger Essence in the winter. I tend to stick with my Philosophy scents throughout the year, and I really like BG in the winter. These still work great for me most days and tend to be what I reach for.

I also like Balenciaga. Very unique. And a few from Chanel, including, Chance Eau Tendre. They have a moisturizing spray version that I got a few years back -- not even sure that they make it anymore, but I love it.

Valued Contributor

Oh, and thanks for the suggestion for Clean White Woods! I have used and liked a few Clean fragrances over the years so I will definitely check this one out.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/11/2015 Jes16 said:
On 1/11/2015 UMDTerpFan said:
On 1/10/2015 Jes16 said:

I was at the mall today and tried on Dolce by D & G. Very nice! Light and fresh. My mother used to wear Shalimar all the time and the scent still gives me a headache, very overpowering Oriental fragrance.

This sounds really good, and thanks for the info. I have D&G The Rose, Light Blue and a sampler of The One. All are nice scents. I just checked out Dolce that you mentioned on Sephora, and it's got some good reviews. I'm curious now about it and want to see what it's like. Shalimar is nice, but I can see how it would give you a headache.

I tried D&G's Dolce and to me, the scent was so light and had no lasting power. I prefer Carvin Le Perfum so you might want to check that one out. I also have D&G Pour Femme which is really nice & long lasting.

Yes, D&G's Dolce had good reviews, but I did notice many mentioned the no lasting power as well. That wouldn't be good either. I don't like strong scents, but maybe sometimes it's the amount you put on. I try not to be heavy-handed with anything I use because you know how awful that can be.

I have the double rollerball of CLEAN Warm and Cool Cottons which I like. Most of the other versions of CLEAN are also nice, fresh scents but I would use sparingly. I need to check them out again! Smiley Happy

Well if you live close to a Saks or Nordstroms, check out Carvin Le Parfum. It is not a strong scent, but is a beautiful soft scent. I've tried all the newest perfumes that have come out over the past year and Carvin Le Parfum was the one I chose to purchase. It is a beautiful scent and distinctly different from everything else out there right now.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

On 1/11/2015 KatCat1 said:

Jo Malone offers so many choices. I personally like Pomegranate Noir for Fall/Winter. I also like Pischaio SP? by Laura Mercier.

There is also Caldrea's apricot aloe perfume purse size roller ball for $18 and the body lotion or butter. Sold at Beauty.com and possibly Nordstrom. It's light yet inviting.

I may be swapping Jo Malone's candle in Lime Basil and Mandarin for the Pomegranate Noir. Another nice fresh scent from Jo Malone is English Pear & Freesia.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

Meant to say Oriental floral. But maybe these days it should be Asian floral. Just trying to be PC!

I'm sure no one is offended by you referring to the fragrance as an Oriental Floral. I think to always worry whether or not we are being PC or that we have addressed something in a PC manner just widens the chasm.