Trusted Contributor

Fresh Smelling Fragrance for Winter

I generally don't wear fragrance in the winter. It just feels odd to to me to wear my regular fruity fresh fragrance I wear most of the time. The heavy Shalimar-type fragrances feel like they weigh me down. Any recommendations for a fresh winter fragrance? Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Re: Fresh Smelling Fragrance for Winter

I was at the mall today and tried on Dolce by D & G. Very nice! Light and fresh. My mother used to wear Shalimar all the time and the scent still gives me a headache, very overpowering Oriental fragrance.

Respected Contributor

flowerbomb is one my favorite fragrances for the winter.

Valued Contributor

Meant to say Oriental floral. But maybe these days it should be Asian floral. Just trying to be PC!

Frequent Contributor

Fossil's 1954, for women. It's light and fresh, not floral, or fruity, or musky.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/10/2015 virgosun said:

I was at the mall today and tried on Dolce by D & G. Very nice! Light and fresh. My mother used to wear Shalimar all the time and the scent still gives me a headache, very overpowering Oriental fragrance.

This sounds really good, and thanks for the info. I have D&G The Rose, Light Blue and a sampler of The One. All are nice scents. I just checked out Dolce that you mentioned on Sephora, and it's got some good reviews. I'm curious now about it and want to see what it's like. Shalimar is nice, but I can see how it would give you a headache.

Regular Contributor

Origins Ginger Essence - - - ginger with a little citrus.

Trusted Contributor

I just bought Jo Malone's French Lime Blossom candle and it really smells nice and fresh. You might want to check out the perfume. Another really fresh scent that I am loving is Caudalie's Divin. I bought the perfume & body oil kit and love the scent. Went back and bought the large size oil and the candle. Really fresh and beautiful IMHO.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

On 1/10/2015 Jes16 said:
On 1/10/2015 virgosun said:

This sounds really good, and thanks for the info. I have D&G The Rose, Light Blue and a sampler of The One. All are nice scents. I just checked out Dolce that you mentioned on Sephora, and it's got some good reviews. I'm curious now about it and want to see what it's like. Shalimar is nice, but I can see how it would give you a headache.

I tried D&G's Dolce and to me, the scent was so light and had no lasting power. I prefer Carvin Le Perfum so you might want to check that one out. I also have D&G Pour Femme which is really nice & long lasting.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Super Contributor

CLEAN ""White Woods"". Just discovered it a month ago and love it. I got mine at Sephora.