Respected Contributor

Free Shipping Today On Everything...BUT

There's free shipping today on everything at QVC, according to the homepage.  But, Q deletes items that are normally sold on QVC.

The item I wanted is not on the website for sale, but it was yesterday.

Has anyone else noticed? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Free Shipping Today On Everything...BUT

@Sunshine Kate 

I have noticed that also. Not this time because I haven’t looked for anything yet. They hold some things back for sure. You’ll see they’ll be available again after free shipping is over. 

Honored Contributor

Not a big deal to me--won't be ordering anything as I rarely do anymore because of the autrocious shipping times------

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate  I also noticed that prices on linens, comforters, etc., increased 18.45% yesterday. That's far more than the savings on their S&H. I've never understood why posters are so thrilled with FREE S&H days! It's a gimmick.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate 

I haven’t noticed that some items are not listed on website today. That’s a shame. I guess they don’t want to offer free shipping on some items that would cost more to ship. 

Regular Contributor

Yes I didnt notice items were missing but did see what anything on sale went up to full price...it’s all a game.  Free shipping but pay more for item.  In fact the S&H on QVC is a pet peeve of mine...most stores have free shipping everyday or iif you spend a certain $$ amount.  QVC quite antiquated - they charge you both initial shipping & return shipping.  So as a savvy shopper - if item you are shopping for is sold elsewhere - check around - unless its a TSV - most of the prices on QVC are same elsewhere except you also pay shipping.

Respected Contributor

the earth shoes I want are not free shippin. 

Honored Contributor

Nothing being shipped to HI is free shipping, except for 
Philosophy, but that is because Philosophy is covering the shipping, not QVC.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife, I guess it would bankrupt QVC to give you free shipping for one day.  I can bet you have been a very good customer for quite a while.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

They could at least give us discounted shipping on free shipping day.  Depending upon the item I purchase, shipping averages $11.50.  Even if they cut us a break by taking 1/2 off of shipping, I would jump all over that.  It gets quite discouraging.  I’ve been a consistent QVC shopper for ~15 years.  I never gave shipping a thought until we moved to HI 10 years ago.  It does make me think twice about everything I order.  The good thing is most of my beloved beauty products can be ordered directly from the vendor.  They do offer free shipping, so I order a lot directly from them.  Of course they can’t beat QVC’s TSV & ODO prices, so I do purchase those from QVC.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.