Honored Contributor

Re: Fragrances that you don't like

[ Edited ]

Falling In Love, Baby Grace, Pink Sugar, Fresh Cream, and EL Youth Dew and Angel.

Super Contributor

All of the Nest fragrances!

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Super Contributor

@Montana wrote:

Cashmere Mist.

I may be the only person on this planet that hates this perfume.

No, you're not alone. I can't stand it, either! 

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Regular Contributor

Emeraude & Youth Dew.  Tried them all as a young teen in the early 70s.  Just say no.

I didn't like Nest fragrances when I tried the testers in Sephora, but I don't really count that.  I'd need to try them one at a time, and outside a store.  However, I quit buying perfume when I found out I was allergic to bee stings, but I will use scented stuff (Philosophy Amazing Grace soap & lotion, mainly).  

Super Contributor

When I was growing up I loved "Cie" perfume. I got my first bottle when my Aunt was throwing hers out; I remembered how the scent was on her and it was terrible. I thought "I'd never wear that" but when I got it home and sprayed it on myself it took on another scent completely. That was my first experience at how different our body chemistry can be, and how one thing that smells great on someone can smell horrible on someone else.

(*no idea if I would like Cie today, would be curious to see)

Fragrances I don't care for are heavy rose/gardenia/magnolia scents....they never smell to me like the real flowers, which I do love. My family home has all three growing in the yard and I love the scent---just not in a perfume.

Oh my goodness, almost forgot Jean Nate. Someone in my office building bathes in that and I always seem to get behind the mystery person in the elevator. Smiley Frustrated

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

I would like to add that I cannot stand when women wear so much fragrance that it enters the room before they do.  Perfume or cologne should be worn so it can be smelled up close not across a room.

kindness is strength