Esteemed Contributor

Fragrances that you don't like

Today I was at Sephora so I decided to smell the new Gucci Bloom fragrance. Just smelling the bottle, it stunk to me. Then I tried Gucci Flora which I thought smelled nice in the bottle. Big mistake since I sprayed it on myself. After it dried down I smelled like men's cologne. Ugh! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Fragrances that you don't like

To me Phiosophy's " Falling In Love " smells like bug spray.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I absolutely cannot stand any fragrance containing gardenia. I despise the odor; would rather smell a skunk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I absolutely cannot stand any fragrance containing gardenia. I despise the odor; would rather smell a skunk.

@Kachina624-

Oh no! isn't that weird? That is one fragrance that I thought awhile ago-I really like gardenia!

And I usually don't like florals.

And so many things do not smell good on me or I don't like them.

All our chemistries are so different-something that smells wonderful on one will smell awful on another.😨

Has anyone ever followed someone around the store because you love the scent they are wearing lol! (I did eventually ask what it was).😆

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Fragrance is such a personal thing. I know that lavender is very popular but I don't care for it at all. Same with patchouli. 

Honored Contributor

I'm an outlier on fragrantica.com because they mostly like only what they consider the classics and look down their collective noses at anything else, while I tend to love lighter, fresher scents -- fruity, floral, or a combination thereof.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm an outlier on fragrantica.com because they mostly like only what they consider the classics and look down their collective noses at anything else, while I tend to love lighter, fresher scents -- fruity, floral, or a combination thereof.

I like lighter scents too, @suzyQ3, especially in the warmer months. Since it's still in the 80's where I live, I'm currently wearing Estee Lauder Pure White Linen Light Breeze which has some green notes in addition to some light florals. 

Esteemed Contributor

Agree about gardenia, roses, strong floral scents. Too much. Light Blue is good for a cologne. I've been purchasing Bath & Body Works fragrance mists - the subtle and clean fragrances. Even colognes seem too heavy for me.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Chanel no 5 it’s just heavy and hideous to me.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

I can't really do musk.  I don't know what it is. There are even some scents in Old Spice body wash that give me a headache. Either that or it's because my ex-husband is wearing it.