Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Fragrances for summer reviews

I purchased one rollerball and received 2 free samples of different fragrances.

Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia - This fragrance is like a summer breeze by the ocean and has lasting power.  Notes are:

Mint leaves, brown sugar, Italian lemon zest; Middle note: jasmine, peony, pink pepper; Base note: cedarwood; labdanum.  Suprisingly, this fragrance has lasting power and it is $24 for rollerball at Nordstrom.

Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey - Very pretty scent (fruity) and you could wear year round.  It's not a heavy scent.  I would consider purchasing.

Le Labo Rose 31 -  This is actually a quite different scent but nice.  However, it is rather expensive so I pass on this one but not because of the scent but rather the price. 

If you have some fragrances you would like to share their scents, please do so.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: Fragrances for summer reviews

I love the Armani Acqua Di Gioia.  Does the Jo Malone have any staying power?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PatriciaG  It does but not as much as the Armani.  The Armani is a beautiful scent.  You will like the Nectarine Blossom  & Honey but you have to remember it is a cologne and not an Eau de Parfum.  Jo Malone's Pomengrante Noir is outstanding; a fruity scent but smells exotic.  I have purchasing a few new scents buying the rollerballs.  So far I lucked out with two -- the Armani and Sugar Lemon by fresh.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for your reviews.  I particularly love ocean types of scents, and you have given me a scent I can get a sample of to try.  

I also love love floral scents - roses are my favorite flower.  Any ideas for subtle scents of roses I might like?

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT   Jo Malone has a scent called Red Roses.  Check it out on her website.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Eliz Arden Green Tea,  very refreshing, perfect for summer

Honored Contributor

I just bought Burberry's Weekend and I love it. It's a fruity, floral, musky scent. I know it's a good perfume because I can't taste it, that goes to show you how some perfumes can affect you.

Respected Contributor

Nest. I love all the scents.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

I use Tocca Stella in both the eau de parfum and the hair mist which is like an eau de cologne spray. This is a blood orange scent but it's sophisticated. It's not a long lasting scent though and it's not a strong scent so it won't offend anyone. Sephora has a 3 piece gift set that I bought in February in the U.S. (it is not in Canada) that has a rollerball, hair mist, and hand cream for $38 U.S. which is a good deal

I also like the scent Tocca Bianca eau de parfum too. That is a green tea scent similar to what Perlier used to carry. I wish that Tocca would develop a hair mist in this scent too.

Those are the only Tocca scents I like and I buy them at Sephora.  When I was in Las Vegas in February I saw a lot of other Tocca scents at the Marshalls store on the Las Vegas strip.

Trusted Contributor

My favorite perfum for all time but particularly for warm weather is Guerlain's "Chamade".  It is beautiful in all stages of its development.  Here is the description from Fragrantica:

Chamade was created by Paul Guerlain in 1969, and it was inspired by the Francoise Sagan's novel “La Chamade”. In the time of Napoleon, ‘chamade’ was a very fast drumbeat that called to retreat. This perfume is meant to emulate the heavy heartbeat of a person in love and its fragrance is based on hyacinth, heavy and green, and blackcurrant that can be sensed through the oily hyacinth richness. The fragrant love story is rounded by a pretty bottle in a shape od upside down turned heart, pierced by an arrow – a symbol of surrender to love. The main notes are Turkish rose, ylang-ylang, jasmine, lilac, blackcurrant buds, lily of the valley, galbanum, sandalwood, vetiver, musk, amber, iris, and Tonka bean.