Respected Contributor

Fragrance in skin care

[ Edited ]

I follow Dr. Dray, a dermatologist on YouTube, and fragrance in skin care has always been one of her bugaboos.

Today, Gemma (Pampered Wolf), another YouTuber I follow who is a licensed esthetician, reiterates this in a video she posted today. 

I used to love any facial product that smelled good, because it just added an element of luxury to my routine.  Now I avoid fragrance in any skin care products I use.

Pampered Wolf's video is worth checking out.

Trusted Contributor

I'm allergic to fragrance and fragrance-free products used to be hard to find.  I'm currently using Paula's Choice, and really like it.

I used to wish I wasn't allergic to fragrance, but it's nice to know that it isn't good for you anyway!

Regular Contributor

I agree. I used to like it, but now I look to avoid it. The only exception for me is the Elemis Pro-Collagen moisturizer. Whatever the smell, I just love it.

Honored Contributor

Another person here who avoids fragrance in skin care, as well as body lotions, body washes, detergents, etc. My asthma gets aggravated easily, especially with the floral scents used in some skin & body care. 

Honored Contributor

Fragrance in skincare has been a no go for me for 20+ years.  When I was much younger, I didn't care.

I see no point in a company adding a synthetic scent to facial products.

Valued Contributor

@Texasmouse 

Hi I have been following dr Dray for close to a year now . I always joke after i had cataract surgery last year I could not beleive how awful my skin looked . Dr Dray is absolutely correct for my kind of skin at least . I will soon be 57 with oily sensitive acne prone skin .A few years ago i went cruelty free and also started using organic skin care . It was recking havoc on my skin .  Between the oils ,frangrances and essences my skin was a mess . i have since followed Dr Drays advice in fragrance free skin care and also body care and my skin is so much improved . I do love fragrance and still wear perfume but on pulse points now so more splashing all over . I will have to check out Pampered wolf , I never heard of her . I know many adore highly scented skin care , and all those oils and ingredients sound magical put for my skin at least its a no go 

Respected Contributor

Fragrance in skincare doesn't bother me unless it's completely over the top. Example, Elemis overnight matrix cream.  Almost unbearable when it first goes on.