Frequent Contributor

Re: Foundations with SPF that work with fair skin with cool/ neutral undertones

I am in the same boat as you! I am fair with cool undertones. A number of cool-toned fair foundations are still too yellow for me.

I use Maybelline BB cream with SPF 30 in light on days when I'm not too worried about perfect coverage. The SPF is titanium dioxide. I have dry skin and it works well on my skin. If you have oily skin, it might not work. I have redness on my face, and it does a pretty good job of covering but not completely.

I tried It Cosmetics CC cream in fair, but it was too yellow for me.

I haven't found a medium to full coverage foundation with SPF 30 or higher that I like yet. I use a moisturizer with at last SPF 30 and use foundation over this. I like Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation in 107 and 110.

Honored Contributor

L'Oreal True Match

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I am fair/cool also. I would suggest It CC in fair or Missha in #13 or #1 (I've seen both numbers used). The Asian BB or CC creams are a bit heavier than ours and almost always have SPF plus their #13 is not a yellow based foundation. Missha has several different types to choose from. You can got to Misshadotcom, ebay or amazon. Ebay you can buy samples before deciding on which you like.

Super Contributor

Probably the best thing to do is start hitting the makeup counters and the internet and looking for samples. That way you can test things out with your skin. I don't know if your skin is dry or oily. I have combo/oily skin

I really like the results I get from the Paula's choice best face forward foundation in Best Linen it is really natural looking, not overly matte for me and it provides some coverage. The Resist foundation is also really nice. You can order samples from there. http://www.paulaschoice.com/

I got Lucy Minerals samples in the mail yesterday and I am really impressed with her products. (actually kind of in love) The colors are great and the coverage is also fantastic. The minerals are very finely milled. She makes it without bismuth oxychloride - it is BM and I am sensitive to it - it makes my skin burn http://www.lucyminerals.com/

I also stopped by my local counters and tried Laura Mercier (really great products), Clinique and Lancôme (tons of shades). I have purchased Bobbi Brown BB cream in light and her foundation stick in Sand and I like both - but I don't know if these are really going to help you get less chemical foundations.

There is a youtube channel called MakeupTIA and she has gotten into natural beauty and has great reviews and recommendations.

Honored Contributor

Even if your foundation has a sunscreen, it's usually low (around 15) and most people do not put on enough makeup to have it act effectively as a sunscreen. You should wear a sunscreen under your makeup.

Bare Minerals has fair shades for pink undertones and has SPF 15. I wear mine over an SPF 30 sunscreen.

Super Contributor

I have recently tried a couple of liquid options and my favorite is PTR's CC cream in light, followed by the new BE liquid in Bare Shell. I was surprised by the CC as usually light is too dark for me, but the color of this one works, and as a CC it's really easy to blend.

I have used BE Fair original foundation for ages, and really like it as well, both color and performance.

Michele

Respected Contributor

Two I really like...PTR un-wrinkle foundation in the fair or lightest shade. Easy application, natural, luminous finish. Spf 20. The other is Dr. Jart, it's one shade, but I'm the fairest (Smile) and this looks natural, spf 45, a little on the glowy side. I use a finishing powder to tone it down. Has other good ingredients. Love the high spf, and also super easy application. Got it at Sephora.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree loreal try match in the lumi or regular. It has four or five shades in each of the tones.

Frequent Contributor

Boots #7 Perfect & protect Foundation SPF 15 is "Cool Vanilla"is my favorite for my cool toned fair skin. Has antioxidants .Gives light/medium coverage. There is also a "Lift & Luminate version(medium coverage)SPF 15 which has a heavier feel. Got these at Target and best of all, there are testers . Cost around $15. Going through chemo and I get compliments on my skin!!!

Respected Contributor

Just read a great article that explains why we should not rely on foundation with SPF. I never realized that they don't put in enough SPF to cover what we should be wearing. Just thought that was worth mentioning. I really trusted that if it says SPF 25 on a foundation that I was protected. Not so.