Contributor

Foundations with SPF that work with fair skin with cool/ neutral undertones

I am looking for a foundation that would work with my fair skin with cool undertones. I would like to find a foundation with an SPF preferably chemical free at least in part. I like cool and neutral bases as the yellower foundations look bad on my skin. My current foundation is Neutrogena Healthy Skin in natural ivory, which is too dark for me, but the best I can do as the lighter shade yellow base. The Neutrogena is okay, but comes off my skin a lot during the day, it is not very transfer resistant. I would love to also find a foundation that doesn't come off so easy on clothing etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: Foundations with SPF that work with fair skin with cool/ neutral undertones

I too have fair/light skin with cool undertones. I get my spf from my moisturizer: Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light Daily Defense. It's tinted lightly and has a spf of 30 which comes from zinc oxide 13%.

Respected Contributor

Chanel Vitalumiere in the Beige Roses-get a sample from a Chanel counter

Regular Contributor

You will have a hard time finding chemical free foundation with SPF unless you stick with minerals. I have your coloring and here are a few of the ones that work for me. Bobbi brown tinted moist in light, trish mcevoy beauty balm in shade 1, koh gen do aqua foundation in pk-1...I also got a sample of md solar science mineral tinted creme which is basically a tinted sunscreen and I set it with Laura mercier mineral powder for a little extra coverage and I Love this for summer! I will buy full size. There are so many good options. I'd rather have physical SPF too but keep in mind...it's the prevention of skin cancer that is paramount. One way or the other. I'm sure you will find something. Ask for samples and test the shades and texture for yourself if possible. I would add too that I don't count on my foundation alone for SPF. I apply moisturizer/sunscreen first and count that as my sunscreen cause I don't use enough foundation to rely on that for SPF.
Super Contributor

I have pink undertones and bareMinerals Original Foundation works well for me, and it has non-chemical SPF. Fair may work for you. Here's a shade chart.

Trusted Contributor

rimmel bb cream in light

Respected Contributor

Funny you should ask as I have the same problem and found something just today that works. I bought Peter Thomas Roth CC cream in light which has an SPF and takes away the red. Then I bought YSL Touche Éclat foundation in BD40 which is a neutral color. If you have a Sephora nearby they will be happy to give you samples before purchasing.

Respected Contributor

I found that the Asian BB creams like Missha are sort of grey-toned, to counteract yellow and have a high SPF. Not the best for me but might be great with your cooler complexion.

Valued Contributor

Guerlain Lingerie De Peau in 01.

And if you really want some heavy duty, high quality sunblock...Arcona Reozone 40. It is a tinted sunscreen, perfect for your skin tone (same as mine), and it blends beautifully and wears like a medium-coverage foundation. It can be set with powder, or not. Really good stuff. I often use it when I'm outside, but don't want to wear a full makeup face.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I love Revlon Colorstay in 220, Natural Beige (I got the one for normal to dry skin)---it is a perfect match to my fair, cool toned skin. It has SPF 20.

I also like Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua in 220 and it has an spf. Also like the new Velvet version.

Love Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light and Invisible Fluid--- they matched me perfectly in the store where I got samples, but I am not sure about the spf in them.

OH, and the Lumene BB from CVS is nice for the summer---has an spf.