Super Contributor

Hi, I am 63 and having trouble finding a foundation that covers large pores. They seem so big on my nose and cheeks and everything I try seems to emphasize them. Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

Hi, I am 63 and having trouble finding a foundation that covers large pores. They seem so big on my nose and cheeks and everything I try seems to emphasize them. Any suggestions?

@Rose429  Have you thought about your skincare and dealing with your pores from that perspective rather than trying to cover them up?  This has worked very well for me, to the point where more kinds of foundation have become and option for me - tinted moisturizer, BB/CC cream, and powder.

Super Contributor

Hi JeanLouiseFinch, I use Perricone products and get a facial every month but would welcome any skin care pointers u might have😀

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

Hi JeanLouiseFinch, I use Perricone products and get a facial every month but would welcome any skin care pointers u might have😀

@Rose429  Pores become larger when gunk gets packed into them.  I've found that using a Foreo Luna (dupe) cleansing tool with a good cleansing oil (Dr. Young's) at night, using an AHA in the morning, plus regular exfoliation a few times a week and some good pore cleansing masks (I use Skinn and Fango) made a positive impact.

As for foundation, I have a few that I use - just pick one each day.  I start with Missha BB Boomer primer.  For a liquid gel, I like Doll 10 Hydra Gel.  For a BB or CC Cream, I like Missha Perfect Cover but have also had good luck with Rimmel and Physicians Formula.  For a tinted moisturizer, I like Skinn Intellitint.  For a powder, I like Laura Geller Baked Elements.

Respected Contributor

google "Wayne Goss pores" to see his 3 Youtube videos. He is a famous British makeup artist with fantastic fixes for all kinds of issues. I have used his pore fix and it really works.