Respected Contributor

Re: Foundation that is worth hype but?

@just bee wrote:

Is it worth it to you?

Is my dog's kibble worth $70 a bag?  He likes it and he seems to be doing well on it.  For that reason, it's worth it to me.

But when it comes to foundation, I'd like a CC cream under ten bucks.  That's not easy to find, so $15 is my limit.  Now if I had a lifestyle in which my face had to look fabulous, I might invest a little more.  My goal is to look presentable.  I can look presentable for a fraction of the cost of many of the foundations out there.

But someone might think that what I pay for kibble or even tea is silly.  Different lifestyle, different priorities.

People spend money on a lot of things that don't make them happy.  Does that foundation make you happy?  Does it make you look forward to facing the world?  If it does, then it might just be worth it.

ITA...when it comes to my pets I will not cut corners...only the best, lol, as for me , not so much

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fourpaws56  Your comment was insulting to my good & generous nature...Of course, I would go without for my family & my pets. No need to bring up justbees's comment either. You don't know me as a person, so what is the purpose of that type of response?

Respected Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@fourpaws56  Your comment was insulting to my good & generous nature...Of course, I would go without for my family & my pets. No need to bring up justbees's comment either. You don't know me as a person, so what is your purpose of that type of response?

I crtainly did not mean to insult you, I am sorry if I did

Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56, I accept your apology.

Respected Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@fourpaws56, I accept your apology.

thank you...sometimes my words come out wrong

Valued Contributor

I think the foundation is calling your name!  It really sounds nice!

Trusted Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

Is it worth the cost? 110.00 no, but I think it is the most flawless, skinlike, soft focus foundation that I ever tested. LA MER soft fluid foundation w spf 20. tends to blur lines, does not settle at all into pores, feels like velvet & has skincare benefits & hydrating, I got 2 samples at Nordtroms....I tried applying it with a foundation brush but it works so well with a beauty blender, which gives it the most coverage (you would think not) Its a light or med. or full coverage. I have smooth normal/dry skin & it could work on many skintypes. It has a natural finish, not dewy or matte. Have any of you ladies tested it or have it?                                                                                                                                                   I have the older version of the La Mer Powder which is my favorite which was around 60.00 at the time Now they have the new version which is basically the same but much less product around 90.00! I just purchased the Armani Luminous Silk foundation which I love but the La Mer is the best I have ever tried & has a long lasting power. I will use my usually tinted moisturizer, BM original foundation & my new But?Woman Surprised

Thank you for posting this! I have been using Estee Lauder, Double wear for years and suddenly I am finding it too heavy and dry. I will definitely give La Mer foundation a try. Again, thank you for posting this. Smiley Very Happy

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

@BARBIE100 Your WelcomeSmiley Happy Like you, my liquid foundation (Nars Sheer Glow) just wasn't working for me either anymore so after getting several samples lol...I bought Armani Lumious silk which I love, so it will be sometime before I purchase the La Mer, as I use up a foundation before purchasing another.. When I got a sample of La Mer I loved the finish even more & the lasting power was longer than the Armani plus the skin benefits. I like products that are highend that last for some time. I wouldn't wear the La Mer on a daily basis, so for me its worth the cost & so is the translucent powder. You should get a sample of it & others you might like. Nordtroms is very generoous with samples & other dept. stores. My Sephora is also..... I was matched well with La Mer...I am Neutral but they have cool & warm tones. 

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

Is it worth the cost? 110.00 no, but I think it is the most flawless, skinlike, soft focus foundation that I ever tested. LA MER soft fluid foundation w spf 20. tends to blur lines, does not settle at all into pores, feels like velvet & has skincare benefits & hydrating, I got 2 samples at Nordtroms....I tried applying it with a foundation brush but it works so well with a beauty blender, which gives it the most coverage (you would think not) Its a light or med. or full coverage. I have smooth normal/dry skin & it could work on many skintypes. It has a natural finish, not dewy or matte. Have any of you ladies tested it or have it?                                                                                                                                                   I have the older version of the La Mer Powder which is my favorite which was around 60.00 at the time Now they have the new version which is basically the same but much less product around 90.00! I just purchased the Armani Luminous Silk foundation which I love but the La Mer is the best I have ever tried & has a long lasting power. I will use my usually tinted moisturizer, BM original foundation & my new But?Woman Surprised

I purchased it but it eventually made me break out. I think it must have had mineral oil in it and no matter how many times I have tried to use a product with it in it.....the same results.....break-outs. I loved the consistency and the coverage was flawless.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 Too bad it didn't work out for you. It does not contain mineral oil but does contain sesame seed oil. Full ingred. deck is on beautypedia.