Esteemed Contributor

Re: Foundation that is worth hype but?

I think it would be fun to try a super expensive foundation like this. Do one half of your usual on one side the LM on the other side. It would be interesting to see if there is a difference. 

Trusted Contributor

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself, it's worth it, buy it and use it. You only go around once, make sure you have a smile on your face! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday Watching some videos, they say there is a close dupe to La Mer,. its by Neutrogena, its fairly new (forget the name) the one with the doe foot. Not too many shades to choose from...they did a side by side also... hmm... Next time, I am at Walgreens or Ulta, I will look for it.             Edited to add...I just checked it out it's Neutrogena Hydro Boost....the video was ShadeofKassie....she thinks it identical.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 Yes, let me know what you thinkSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I took the plunge at Christmastime and bought La Mer Foundation. The color match was perfect for me. Loved the way it looked. May repurchase someday. I do have the powder and it is awesome. I was a little hesitant because my skin is so dry but it works well with my skin. If you think $110 is crazy check out Cle de Peau Foundation for $120. It is a fantastic foundation but you don't even get an ounce! 

Trusted Contributor

I was looking at LaMer on line.  Based on what you've said here I'm going to take the plunge after I finish with Charlotte's Majic Foundation - still some left to go.  I thought that was supposed to be the end-all too.  Oh well.

Regular Contributor

I'd say yes it is worth it!!  I work hard for my money and will spend it how I choose without guilt.  To find a foundation that you love like that does not come a long very often either.  BTW, I have tried the Neutrogena dupe I think you are referring to and there was absolutely no coverage.  That says a lot because I always prefer light coverage and with that one, nada.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor Yes, the La Mer powder is by far the best transluent powder that I have....I love the finish....it is not a matte but more of a satin natural finish. The one I have is the original and was well worth the cost of 65.00.....88oz. & will last a long time...the newer version is similar but far less product & now is 95.00. I have a new liquid foundation that I love & don't wear on a daily basiis, so it will last quite a while. I will purchase the La Mer when I finish what I have....120! 10.00 more, no more testers for me lol!

Respected Contributor

Kabella,  I have the newer version of La Mer powder. I understand that it's a smaller size but fortunately a little goes a long way. Their foundation has a beautiful finish. I don't mind spending the extra bucks as long as the product delivers. Nothing worse than spending the money on something that is no better than a drugstore product.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor Good Morning!  Yes,the new La Mer powder will last a very long time, I feel since its so popular the Co decided.to improved the beauty of the Jar which is part of the hike in price but the amount of product is less than half of the original.  They know people who love it will pay for the hike so they take advantage of us who use it. It is what it is....