Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation that is worth hype but?

I've been a Clinique gal for many many years.    I seem to always go back to Clinique when I do stray.

The best "luxury" products I've ever used, in a limited way due to budget, is Chanel and Orlane.  If $$$ were no object, these would be my exclusives.

When I was married to hubby #2, he would gift me with products from the Orlane counter.

@Kabella

Honored Contributor

Nothing looks good over bad skin. It can be the best foundation, but, bad skin  will show through.  I would spend my money on skin treatments and change up your diet to include lots of healthy omega fats and green leaf vegetables.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden  I agree if one has probmatic skin...its best to spend on skin care. But there are foundations that work better than others for that purpose. I just purchased very affordable serums from The Ordinary which so far I am liking. Also I have many affordable DS products that I love & can compare them to highends, but haven't found a foundation from the DS except a tinted moisturizer which I have continued to buy which is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer along with my BM CR. edit to add... I do eat healthy, lots of greens, fruits, etc. and Fresh Water Salmon....I cut out meats all together....I had gotten away from that due to stress which gave me some digestive problems but now back on track & feeling well again. I tryed to be totally a vegetarian but can't give up fish.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I agree if one has probmatic skin...its best to spend on skin care. But there are foundations that work better than others for that purpose. I just purchased very affordable serums from The Ordinary which so far I am liking. Also I have many affordable DS products that I love & can compare them to highends, but haven't found a foundation from the DS except a tinted moisturizer which I have continued to buy which is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer along with my BM CR.

@Kabella  Thank you for enlightening me.  Some of these newer skin serums are probably a good choice👍

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden, your welcomeSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

You know what, I have been thinking about this....I bet I have spent over 110.00 bucks in the past, say in a 6 month time frame of looking for a good foundation that would work well for my skin.

My all time favorite was Elizabeth Arden, it was in a compact and made my skin flawless and didn't case blackheads, acne or anything else, just covered like a dream. Then, they changed the formula!!!  If they would bring that back the way it was, I would gladly pay 110 bucks for it.

Just thinking about it. Any of you who have found a foundation that you LOVE are very lucky!

Honored Contributor

@Kabella

Tried LM, could not color match.  You've found something you love, I'm happy for you!

If I could find a color tinted moisturizer or serum that matched my skin, looked good, neither cakey, or shiny, just little color please, was Cruelty Free, and had a good ingredient deck, + a decent SPF, I'd be SO there. Regardless of cost.

Congrats to you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella

I just wasted money on 2 bottles of Maybelline foundation. One was too light and the next shade down was a bit too dark. The coverage was also minimal and not very good on me. Maybe those would work on someone else but just didn't work for me.

So far the foundations that do work on me is IT Cosmetics original CC cream SPF 50 in both the medium and light shade. This is the original formula - not the one with illuminating glitter. But even so it doesn't cover dark circles very well so I am still searching for my HG concealer.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella,  Girl, I am sure the La Mer is perfection but on my retiree's salary I would have to look the other way.  I look at it like this, if you have the money for it, go for it.  Today I made a purchase online with Nordstrom and I was able to select 3 samples.  One of the samples I chose was a foundation sample by Chanel.  I am curious to see what it's like because I know the price is up there.  I purchased Charlotte Tilbury's eyelash curler which received 5 stars so I will let you know what I think once I receive it.  I am through with Shu because it is not performing like it use to.  I believe La Mer is quite expensive because they use high quality ingredients  -- that's my guess.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts. My needs concerning makeup have changed. When I lived and worked in Hollywood maintained certain image, Took alot of work. Not only makeup working out and so on. Now that I'm retired and living in Florida lifestyle simple and I like it that way. Until few weeks ago satisfied with IT Celebration Powder original version. Then IT presented Confidence in Compact. Read the reviews each one better than the last, Decided to try. Yes indeed! Lives up to glowing reviews. Recommend anyone curious watch Qvc's video. Dry sensitive skin no issues with this foundation. Never experienced anything like this before and I have been on the search for awhile. Do agree with SeaMaiden lifestyle exercise and real food adds to great skin.