Respected Contributor

Re: Foundation that is worth hype but?

HI @ChynnaBlue I wear an expensive foundation to church & brunch with my husband....On our date night & when we get together with friends & go out at least monthly... that Foundation would last me quite a while if I choose to purchase it, when I am finished with the one I have now.

Super Contributor

I'm patiently waiting for the ordinary foundation.  It comes out this month.

I've not tried La Mer foundation...I tried the eye cream and was disappointed.  Products are hard to choose!  The hype:  'Reduces the look of, diminishes the look of, softens the look of, etc.'  I want products that actually do something rather than mask a problem.  For me that usually means a tool:  foreo, clarisonic, opal etc.  currently awaiting delivery of the foreo 2.  Am considering purchasing the Ziip....it is sooooooo pricey though.  

Esteemed Contributor

It would be hard to monetize a foundation as a cost per wear unless you know how many applications are in the bottle or tube, but look at it this way: you like and use the foundation. You found the perfect color and texture for your skin. You don't have to spend time looking for another HG product. And for foundations that you bought and didn't like that much, how much did you waste by not using it or tossing it out?

Respected Contributor

@TY...The thing is I haven't tossed out any foundations... True.....As I said eariler I was a late foundation user. I returned foundations that I liked that oxidized on me. I have returned some DS foundations also but not many at all. So, basically I am a savy buyer who tests out for at least a week before purchasing. I tested out the BM complexion rescue at Ulta before I got a deal on the Q, That applies to BM etc.

Honored Contributor

I wear foundation every day and if $110 worth of foundation lasted me 6 months and fulfilled all the claims you mention, I'm in.

@Kabella

Trusted Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

Is it worth the cost? 110.00 no, but I think it is the most flawless, skinlike, soft focus foundation that I ever tested. LA MER soft fluid foundation w spf 20. tends to blur lines, does not settle at all into pores, feels like velvet & has skincare benefits & hydrating, I got 2 samples at Nordtroms....I tried applying it with a foundation brush but it works so well with a beauty blender, which gives it the most coverage (you would think not) Its a light or med. or full coverage. I have smooth normal/dry skin & it could work on many skintypes. It has a natural finish, not dewy or matte. Have any of you ladies tested it or have it?                                                                                                                                                   I have the older version of the La Mer Powder which is my favorite which was around 60.00 at the time Now they have the new version which is basically the same but much less product around 90.00! I just purchased the Armani Luminous Silk foundation which I love but the La Mer is the best I have ever tried & has a long lasting power. I will use my usually tinted moisturizer, BM original foundation & my new But?Woman Surprised

Just recently out of curiousity I went into Saks and tried the by Terry foundation which too is $110.00 I believe.  I was given a complimentary sample of it.  Oddly, I didn't care for it at all much to my surprise, go figure.  The shade range is limited so I attribute that to much of my dissatisfaction because with the shade being not quite right I couldn't get a good judge of the foundation as a whole. 

I share your love of the Armani foundations, so we seem to be on the same page.

With regard to La Mer I tried, as you mentioned, the older version of what they boasted as being a tinted moisturizer when they first entered into the realm of color cosmetics and didn't care for it at all, again due to the limited shades.  I will have to give this new one a look based on your rave here - always worth looking at something that can make us look our absolute best! 

Respected Contributor

Hi @software its only 1oz so if you wore it everyday, it would not last too long even with one appplication of it daily. I prefer wearing a tinted moisturizer on a daily basis. Sometimes with a light application of BM. Its a luxury product but if you can afford to wear it daily, get a sampleSmiley Happy The Armani that I do have which I love will last me quite a while so I am in no rush to buy the LaMer. I use up my products before purchasing anything new.

Respected Contributor

@fitfuninformed I tested the BY TERRY foundation too & didn't care for it. But I do have their powder. I would def. test the LaMer. Let me know what you think? Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Kabella I sure will. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella, I can honestly say I have not found a foundation that makes me that happy. If I did, I would certainly be willing to spend the money on it. I'm happy for you that you found one that you like so well.

The way I look at it, if one can afford it, its not really anyone elses business.