Respected Contributor

I've observed on every tutorial so far that the influencers apply foundation to their eyelids almost in passing.  I was under the impression that foundation is not good for the lid.  Another observation is there is never an application of eye primer.

What are your thoughts on this?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I am 57 and have been doing so since high school.  I did not do it while starting with makeup while I was in Jr. High.  But around my Sr. year I watched may Aunt one day applying her Merle Norman so just followed her example.  Never a problem with my eyes.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I've always used foundation (no primer) on my eyelids and at almost 66, I still do.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@pommom : I’ve been doing it for quite a while with no issue. Somehow it just made sense to me. 

Valued Contributor

I use Urban Decay eye primer.  My foundations have sunscreen in them that sometimes irritate my eyes. I like the consistency of the primer on my eyes also.

Honored Contributor

I have alwalys applied foundation on my eyelids.  It wouldn't make sense to apply eye shadow and liner on bare skin and would not be very lasting.  Now I also use Perricone No Eyeshadow Eyeshadow also which is more like a primer than an eyeshadow.

Respected Contributor

I use concealer on both upper and lower eyelid...no eyeshadow for the longest time.  IT CC rest of face only.  At 74.5, it works perfectly.  The concealer actually brightens the eye area whereas the foundation masks it.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

No foundation on my lids. I use sunscreen and rarely a tinted primer on my lids. My lids are not discolored so they don't look that bad without anything on them.

Valued Contributor

I use Bare Minerals "Well Rested"  across entire lid. It is more like an eye shadow/concealer.  It covers darkness, brightens the eye and serves  as a primer.  I have oily lids and I think oil from cream or liquid concealer and foundation would settle in crease and/or get into eye during the day. 

Frequent Contributor

I have oily lids also, so I cannot wear foundation on my lids as it causes them to crease along with the eyeshadow, so I only use an eye primer that is a brightening primer and it serves as a foundation type primer as well as keeps my eyeshadow from creasing or wearing away.