Respected Contributor

Re: Foundation makeup for over 60

@viva923 wrote:

I can't wear many foundations, I break out badly. Only make up I can use is BARE MINERALS original powder foundation. 

I have tried so many foundations and all of them have something that does not agree with my facial tissue.

I just keep it simple. I use very little of the foundation so have no problems with it settling in fine line (near 70 yrs now).

Same here.  I try other foundations and always go back to BE.  I wear the matte formula though.  I'm almost 63 and am STILL oily!    I also still break out also!!!!  Not fair!

Super Contributor

I am 66 and have discovered a product I would not be without.  I bought Westmore Beauty Coverage Profector.  ( I have been using the body coverage for several years).  I do not remember when I have had so many compliments on my makeup!  It is amazing.  But, you have to play to learn to apply.  I found if I put a touch of NO OIL moisturizer on, then pump a tad of Westmore---it is the right coverage for me.  Clinique makes a good Moisturizer that contains no oil---I also use it when applying body coverage.  I have 2 age spots---one is significant---and it covers better than any concealer.  I apply one area at a time---and found fingers work better for me than a brush.  This covers and brightens wiithout looking heavy! Love it!

Respected Contributor

You know you are going to get so many recommendations that your head will spin. Lol! One thing that you did not mention is that if you are dry, normal or oily. That will determine more than anything what is best for you. If you are dry, do not wear anything that says matte or 24 hour wear. Most of those are too dryng. I am dry and love Thrive Causemetics CC Cream. Comes in a wide range of shades. Proceeds benefit cancer research. It is a medium coverage but can build to full if needed.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes when I want more coverage, but still a natural look, I use my tinted moisturizer instead of regular moisturizer. This gives me a head start. I need much less foundation this way.

Super Contributor

@deemcd wrote:

Looking for recommendations for makeup that has good coverage but not heavy so that it will settle in the lines. Power or liquid?  Brand name ?  Does not matter if it is from a drug store, department store or Qvc.   I have been using a tinted moisturizer but I have redness on my cheeks and I used the green primer to help hide it.  Also would like to know what primer you recommend.  Thank you in advance for your replies.  

Face Atelier is an amazing foundation. Very light but great coverage. I also really like Maybelline Master Prime hydrate + smooth. It is the only primer that works for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

I don't know if it matters to anyone, but the only foundation brand mentioned here that is cruely free is Bare Minerals.  

There are hundreds of makeup brands that don't torture animals to produce their excellent beauty products.   

Thrive Causemetics which is what I mentioned is cruelty free.

Respected Contributor

@joanluvz  What is your shade in  EL DW?

I am cool toned and you are so right-it is very difficult to find foundation shades that aren't yellow.

I also wear Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua in 32-Rosy Beige-very light and an excellent medium coverage.

Frequent Contributor

maestra, so far i'm wearing 2C3 Fresco in DW. I decided to treat myself and try the Re-Nutriv Radiance because it was 20% off!! Still so expensive, but I got it today and on my hand anyway it seems SO luxurious!!