Super Contributor

Foundation for silicone sensitive skin?

I have combo skin, used to be oily/ normal, now I'm dry/ normal. I'm looking for a foundation that isn't loaded with silicones that would work for me, I work 12 hour days so need one with good staying power. The cones cause me to break out, frustrating as lots of serums, moisturizers and foundations have them. They can be lower in the ingredient deck and I might be able to use. Any recommendations? I don't want super matte or super dewy, anything in between I'm good with. Recommendations?

Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation for silicone sensitive skin?

@Summer Shine,   Have you tried to Google "Foundations without silocones"???   i would not have any idea what would work for you but hopefully someone else can help you.  The only idea I have is Juice Beauty.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

To name a few: Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Too Faced Born This Way, Clinique Even Better, Nars Sheer Glow and Nars All Day Luminous, Maybelline's Fit Me.  Two which can be purchased from QVC in addition to elsewhere: Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hr. (the one in the tube) and Bobbi Brown Stick.  

From the ones on that list I choose Teint Idole Ultra for long wear.  It would be my choice even if I weren't limiting the list due to silicone.  

Trusted Contributor

I use bareminerals complexion rescue foundation.  It is sheer and dewy but I finish with a very light dusting of it celebration foundation.  No silicones, no breakouts for me.  I just purchased Josie Marans recent TSV because none of the product she contain silicones. The serum is really nice and I'm able to get a decent finish with the foundation through trial and error.  

Going silicone free has completely changed my skin...

Esteemed Contributor

I have super sensitive skin (dry) with allergies and issues and the following work for me:

Bobbi Brown foundation stick

Laura Geller Balance & Brighton

Dr. Denese day cream

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

To name a few: Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Too Faced Born This Way, Clinique Even Better, Nars Sheer Glow and Nars All Day Luminous, Maybelline's Fit Me.  Two which can be purchased from QVC in addition to elsewhere: Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hr. (the one in the tube) and Bobbi Brown Stick.  

From the ones on that list I choose Teint Idole Ultra for long wear.  It would be my choice even if I weren't limiting the list due to silicone.  

@Trix, I checked the first one you listed, and here are the ingredients with the silicones bolded by me:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropysilsequioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl, Polypropylsilsequioxane Silica, Glycerin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerinej-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Paraffin, Cyclomethione, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, [+/- May Contain CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide].

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Trix wrote:

@Trix, I checked the first one you listed, and here are the ingredients with the silicones bolded by me:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropysilsequioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl, Polypropylsilsequioxane Silica, Glycerin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerinej-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Paraffin, Cyclomethione, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, [+/- May Contain CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide].

I should add that I use the Lancome foundation but in stick form. I have no doubt that it probably has silcones, but I have fortunately have no problem with them and think that they are good addition to such products.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3, My oops on the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra.  I have used this foundation for a few years and it always feels so lacking in slip when applying that I assumed it didn't have silicone.  I confess to not checking the ingredients for this one (even befor purchasing the first time), because I trust Lancome foundations in that regard since I've never had a negative reaction from one in 40 years. Sorry, I should have checked Lancome.com before including it on the list.  

I should add that my skin doesn't like every product which contains silicone and I have medical reasons for being careful, but Teint Idole has never bothered me.  That's not to say anyone else's silicone sensitivity wouldn't be disturbed.