Respected Contributor

Re: Foundation for older skin?

I still am not a lover of liquid make up, especially in warmer weather.  I went from liquid to BE many many years ago, and then onto Smashbox Halo about 5 years ago.  I use it very lightly, more as a finishing touch than a cover up. On the weekends I do switch to Perricone Tinted Face Finishing Moisturizer, which is very beautiful if you want to stay away from mineral make up.  Again, it is really not a cover up but more of an overall light finish.   I have a nice selection of concealers for a couple of spots, that I use after moisturizing and before my foundation.

Continue to take good care of your skin.  That's the smartest thing you can do.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Rather than getting bombarded on here with suggestions, I would go to Sephora, Ulta, or a department store. We don't know your skin's needs. Everyone will give you their favorites but your skin might require more or less. Plus you will need to get a match for your skintone. Most foundations that claim to be long wearing tend to be more matte. If your skin is dry you won't want a matte foundation. Buying a foundation isn't one size fits all. Good luck on your search and hope that you will find something that you will be happy with. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm 75 and my skin really isn't much different than it was when I was younger.  I've gone a shade or two lighter ... but other than that, it's the same types of foundation.  

The only reason I change foundations is when the one I'm using has been discontinued.

I currently use Avon Extra Lasting liquid and Avon Extra Lasting cream to powder ... 

Respected Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

Thank  you all for the suggestions. I do take care of my skin by exfoliating,moisturizing and using a mask from time to time. I guess for my age my skin isn't bad I just haven't been pleased with any of my foundations.  Some that I have been trying are bare minerals which I really loved , Elizabeth Arden, IT , and Tarte. IT and Tarte did me no favors at all.  I think I will ck out some of the foundations suggested.

I have dry mature skin and use and love both the IT CC foundation( I use light) as well as Tarte's new stick foundation(use light/med in this). I know you said you don't care for Tarte but didn't know if you tried the stick foundation. I use my round top IT brush and will say I lean more towards the IT but on days I don't want a foundation on I will use the Tarte stick foundation just where needed as a concealer.

I never use powder anything on my face other than shadows for my lids but never on my face, shows up things even I didn't know I had, lol.

If you go to Ulta you can have them try a foundation on you and see if you like it. Also depends on if you prefer a full foundation or a lighter coverage. I prefer a lighter coverage and while the IT does give a full coverage I find not using much and really buffing in I hardly need any at all so, gives me a nice finish that looks and feels very natural plus all good things in it for my skin.