Honored Contributor

Do you wear or have you ever worn Lancome Teient Idole Ultra Wear foundation?  I'm at the end of my second bottle.  Haven't worn it in about a year as I've been enjoying skin tints and experimenting with other (lighter) foundations.

Today I put it on with ALL the "pre" makeup products I've been using for a long time...a hydrating essence, snail mucin, moisturizer, primer then the Lancome foundation.  It should have spread on like silk (like it usually does).  Today it was  streaky, patchy, accentuated pores (I don't have large pores), dry.  It didn't sink into my skin.  It just sat on top.  My undereyes were even a bigger problem.  Concealer did the same thing the foundation did.  Tried thinning it out with a bit of setting spray on my fingers and tap tap tap...maybe wrong product for that?  Added Tatcha The Pearl.  Same problem.  On the way to mom's I found a one inch long streak of foundation on the side of my nose that didn't get blended in.  Blush was ok.  Eyes and brows were spot on.  Face, not so much.  What happened???  It has not cooled down here yet.  Texas hasn't gotten the memo Smiley Sad  But it is quite dry.  I don't know what more I could have put on my face for hydration.  Is this foundation known to be drying?  I never noticed it before.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Foundation Trouble Today

Maybe it's just old and time for a new bottle. You said you haven't used it for almost a year. Products change over time.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - I agree with the other poster.  Sounds like its just old and needs to be replaced,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do you use a silicone primer?  Sometimes that doesn't play nice with anything put on top.   You are talking, what, five layers here?  I'm suspecting something besides the foundation.  Try it on bare skin, this stuff is too expensive to dump on a guess.

Valued Contributor

Maybe you have products that are incompatible with each other.  Silicone/silicone is ok but sometimes water/silicone isn't.   

This was my foundation for years through all of the product reformulations and I didn't have any issues with it.  Just recently I got the Lawless primer, it is silicone free, used an ancient bottle of Tient Idole Ultra and  was surprised that they worked together so well.  

Hope you figure it out.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@persiflage 

Just did some Googling.  Both my Hourglass primer and the Lancome products are silicone based.  The Lancome is also supposed to be good for dry skin  Everything else I  put on before the primer was for hydration.  I don't what happened Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

I have a new bottle on the way from Ulta.  Sephora was totally out of this foundation in ALL colors.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

Gone are the days I can apply any foundation on bare skin and when I did, I didn't know about primers.  I've got some new coming this week.  We'll see if that was the problem.

Trusted Contributor

That is my go to foundation and have not experienced what you described.  I don't know what causes your problem,  but maybe eliminate one of the products you applied, and go through a process of elimination.  

The foundation is expensive to just toss.  Also, give it a good shake prior to use.  Since it is older, some of the contents could have separated.  I have used old Lancôme foundation before, and it performed as well as a brand new bottle.

Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  Was anything on your brush or sponge that you applied with? Have you used different brush/sponge cleaners? Did you use a different brush or sponge than you usually did in the past when applying this foundation? Hope your new bottle works ok.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24