Esteemed Contributor

Re: Foundation...Is There Such?

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Foundation has come a long way. Depending on your preference will very likely determine the type of coverage and finish. Ulta, Gives samples. 

@Sweet_Serenity, Ulta is giving samples now?  Last time I was there they wouldn't; said they don't give samples.  Great to know!

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered some stuff from Nordstrom and you can choose samples of stuff.  I chose the LaMer foundation.  Big mistake.  It is beautiful.  The color was actually a perfect match for me.  Do not try it!!!!  lol  It is way too expensive, but just lovely.

Honored Contributor

Do you prefer liquid or powder foundations? Light to medium or medium to full coverage?

I like the Urban Decay One and Done (liquid foundation & 30SPF sunscreen). On me it gives a light to medium coverage. I use the Light shade.

I also like their Urban Decay Naked Skin liquid foundation and that you may need to be matched to color as they are in 1/2 number increments. In non summer months I use the 2.5 shade. This gives medium to full coverage.

Another that I like is Lancome Skin Feels Good (liquid foundation and 23SPF sunscreen). I use the 02C Natural Blond shade.This gives light to medium coverage on me.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

Believe it or not, Wet n Wild actually makes really nice foundations. It just depends on what you're looking for. Some Youtube channels I would recommend for foundation reviews are Hot n Flashy (Angie) and Tati (Glamlifeguru).  Frugalista is another one that's fun.  Angie does a foundation review almost every friday, so she has quite a few posted. 

I do like the It Celebration foundation powder for a quick sweep on low-maintenance days. 

Honored Contributor

I LOVE Bobbi Brown Anti Aging Repair serum foundation.  Covers well and no "masky" look.  It's an anti aging serum as the name says.

Respected Contributor

Loreal Lumi

Honored Contributor

I switched a few months ago to Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation.  I love it.  I think it's the best foundation I've ever used and posted about it a couple of weeks ago.  Go to her website and read about it, and then go to the make-up counter and try it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Frequent Contributor

I have used Bare Minerals Original powder foundation for  over 20 years.  It covers well, and is light and it doesn't settle into my worn looking face.  Since it is minerals, it is good for the skin and gives you some sun protection.   With all the good answers you have received, I hope you will be able to find the perfect foundation  for you.  Good Luck!

Respected Contributor

If you haven't tried the Catrice HD foundation you're missing out.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it includes personal information.