Respected Contributor

Foundation...Is There Such?

[ Edited ]

Have been using Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation for years.  Lately, it's just been too heavy regardless of how little I apply.  I'm looking for something that definitely has coverage.  The challenge is to find good coverage with a light, radiant finish.

Is there something like this on the market?  Your recs would be appreciated.  Am almost out of foundation and am looking for something new.  Once I get a few recs, I would have to go to a B & M store to get a good match.

TIA!   Heart

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Re: Foundation...Is There Such?

my fav thing right now for foundation is IT cosmetics CC cream. a little goes a long way! it looks nice, smooth, isnt heavy, and you dont use much at all. 

Respected Contributor

I like it cc your skin but better. 50spf, when buffed with

included soft brush it glows. Very light and yet some 

coverage.

Honored Contributor

Foundation has come a long way. Depending on your preference will very likely determine the type of coverage and finish. Ulta, Gives samples. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pommomHave you tried Double Wear Light? It has  coverage but it isn't as opaque and cakey as the original Double Wear. If you apply a moisturizer underneath you can still have a slight glow if your skin isn't dry.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am loving the Bare Minerals BarePro liquid. I picked it up at a discount store in the Fall. The first couple times I put it on, I hated it, because it went on cakey and matte and just blech. But now that I've figured out how to apply it well, I won't be without it - at least not in the summer when my skin is oily and sweaty. I have heard it compared to EL Double Wear, but lighter. Not quite as much coverage, but I find it's enough for me if I do one application and then build in areas that need more coverage. Then the really stubborn spots, I just tap on a bit of concealer. 

They have it here on QVC with the brush for a pretty good price. I happened to also get the brush at a discount store, and i think it gives the best finish. There is an application tutorial on the BM website. The colors do lean a bit more warm, and the foundation oxidizes a bit. Might not be good for dry skin - it does cling to dry patches.  

It does go on pretty matte, but on me, it quickly turns radiant. I just love it! I finally look good in photos!  (And it stays put, which is no small miracle on my face)

Regular Contributor

Boots No7 also makes nice foundations. They don't hold up to long wear, but they are really pretty on the skin. 

Honored Contributor

Going to counter might be a thing to do. That way they can help you decide on what to look for and maybe give some good application tips, too. Might save you some time and money that way.

Esteemed Contributor

Bobbi Brown foundation stick. Easy to apply and lasts all day. It covers yet it goes on sheer. It looks like your skin but better.   

Respected Contributor

I have recently started using Tarte babasu foundcealer foundation and I'm astonished how much it looks like my skin but without all the ugly stuff.  It covers so well and is light as air with a dewey finish that you can leave alone or set with a translucent powder.