Honored Contributor

Foundation Help!!

[ Edited ]
Okay!! Wits end. Sept turned 58! Since then no longer able wear my powder foundation. IT Celebration Foundation! Moments ago couldn't wash it off fast enough. Yes! Tried every single method. Is this the new normal? Same with eye shadow. Does anyone? Else feel like aging process is out to get you?!? Am I asking for much!?!
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity - No, I don't feel like the aging process is out to get me.  It's the natural course of things and we just adapt by either giving in or finding new products that work better.  I do like some tinted moisturizers and one or two serum foundations, but if it's a dry, powdered foundation that you're looking for I can't say enough about Laura Geller Baked Elements Foundation.  It's lightweight and doesn't even feel like you're wearing anything.  If you decide to try it, it's currently on a Hautelook event that ends in two days.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity - No, I don't feel like the aging process is out to get me.  It's the natural course of things and we just adapt by either giving in or finding new products that work better.  I do like some tinted moisturizers and one or two serum foundations, but if it's a dry, powdered foundation that you're looking for I can't say enough about Laura Geller Baked Elements Foundation.  It's lightweight and doesn't even feel like you're wearing anything.  If you decide to try it, it's currently on a Hautelook event that ends in two days.

In my defense, Dental appointment. Feeling little under the weather. Allergies this season!! Cause me great discomfort. If you look at my profile I take pride in myself. Enjoy being exactly who iam. Its just lately feeling overwhelmed. Sometimes thats reality.😬
Respected Contributor

I don't think age is out to get me, but I do find that my make-up routine takes longer to get "right".

In my youth my husband was amazed that I could get full-on glam in 1/2 and hour if I needed to. No more! Though my skin is good, there are shadows to cover, lipstick needs to be put on to stay (no slap dash it on like I used to!) and creases need to be camouflaged!

In other words, it's no longer a 5 minute face unless I am just not up to the messing with it!

I use dark glasses when needed! The right products are a must.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Regular Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity, Happy Belated Birthday!  I feel like my skin changes every few years, and definitely changes with the seasons (more oily in the summer, drier in the winter).  I would suggest staying away from a foundation if it no longer works for you.  I recently started the search for a new foundation and have tried many, but no new favorite yet.  I keep going back to IT Celebration foundation.  There are so many foundations on the market, I know it will take much trial and error for me to find one, but I'm determined.  I have never worn much eyeshadow, if I do it's usually a crayon or something I can slap on in a hurry.  Not sure what to tell you there, maybe just skip it altogether.  Hang in there!!

Regular Contributor

Happy, Birthday!!  You might want to check out some YouTube videos on foundation recommendations for mature skin. There are some wonderful youtubers such as;  Hot & Flashy, uppiesbeads and glitzyfritzy that I watch faithfully. A good foundation is must have for mature skin. I have found mine with the Gorgio Armani Luminous Silk liquid foundation. Good luck!! 

Honored Contributor

I turned 74 in June ...  aging process hasn't started yet!  Woman LOL   (My doctor tells me I'm young for my age.)

A few months ago switched from liqud foundation (Cover Girl and Physicians Formula)  to Avon's Extra Lasting Cream to Powder Foundation.   

I switched because I needed to a lighter color and neither CG or PF had one that was a match for my complexion.  Avon's product is perfect shade!

Honored Contributor
Tried IT Pretty in Romantics eye shadow palette, Most shades didn't work or looked off. Moments ago ordered BE Cashmere shadows. I'm still on the fence about TSV. Looked up reviews LG Element powder, Mixed at best leaning towards not to much. BarePro tried felt nice does have talc, But! Didn't itch like IT Celebration Foundation. Omy!! That is huge NO!! Do like the TSV wish they would demo on mature model. Qvc please!! Show on models of all ages. Thank you.😊
Honored Contributor
I'm having a bad day. Dental pain. Allegies!! Guys younger than my Son ask me out. I shared frustration, Doesn't mean the party is over.
Super Contributor

Sweet_Serenity,

Please, don't be to hard on youself. We all have "those" days.

The only thing I can add to everyones comments is it is soooo important to find your correct shade of foundation.

Sending good thoughts your way. Happy Belated Birthday.