Honored Contributor

Found new lipstick line - cheap and good!

[ Edited ]

I have been using a lipstick by Joah -- I guess it's a Korean company?  Any how, I was browsing in CVS a couple months ago and came across some products by this company.  

I started looking at the lipsticks and they had this one kind called Jelly Bae -- which is a gel matte.  I was intrigued so I picked up a shade called -- Darling.  It's very inexpensive -- something like $5 or $6.  

Any how --- this color is a bit odd looking in a way and once I got it home I thought --- ewwww-- I'm not going to like this!  But I tried it and have been wearing it every day since!  It's kind of a cross between a peach and a muted coral, for lack of a better description.  

It feels very soft and smooth going on and it really does stay on for a good long while.  Yes, after a bit it does feel a bit dry but then again, a lot of mattes do, but since it is a gel to begin with, it's not as bad as some.  

Just thought I'd mention this in case you are in the mood for a new and inexpensive treat!

I went on-line and noticed that they currently have a sale going on --- buy 1 - get 1.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Found new lipstick line - cheap and good!

their stuff looks nice and is getting good reviews.

think it's by Kiss?  designed to emulate Korean makeup and skin care,  nonetheless, the prices and packaging are nice.

haven't bought any yet 

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Good morning :

Thanks so much for the information .I follow Youtuber Nikol Johnson ( for women over 40 and silver hair) her favorite foundation is by LaMer and she did a video a few months ago with 3 dupes for LaMer one of them was the JOAH TRULY YOURS FOUNDATION . My CVS doesn't carry it but  it does look good and the brand is cruelty free . Thanks again 

Esteemed Contributor

My inexpensive go- to for lipstick has always been and remains Avon.

I tossed my Bobbi Brown lippies in favor of Avon years ago.

The selection and prce are great. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the tip. I love a pretty coral/peach shade. The Infinite Kiss liquid lip looks pretty in the Mwah (?) shade....another peachie one and cute packaging too!.Plus buy one and get one free means I am so there!  I've been very happy with the Korean beauty products I've purchased lately and I think you just added another brand to my makeup stash. Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting. I am always looking for inexpensive lipstick to try. My latest was Morphe, found it at Ulta-very nice and creamy, I believe it is either 7 or 9 dollars......

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

My inexpensive go- to for lipstick has always been and remains Avon.

I tossed my Bobbi Brown lippies in favor of Avon years ago.

The selection and prce are great. 

It's so nice to know Avon no longer does animal testing.  At least not AVON U.S.A.. :-)

Honored Contributor

I hate myself for loving high end lipsticks, I'm on waitlist for that 55 dollar lipstick from Tacha. I will remember this brand though and give it a look.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  i found these Joah lippies a while ago. Jelly Bae in "Sweetie" i wear every day.   i like that it doesnt feather although i have to reapply often. I have Infinate Kiss satin liquid lip also. "Bisou". 

the makeup wipes are nice but the foundations are wierdly yellow. i tried 3 different shades of their drop foundation. the finish is beautiful its just their shades are limited..

Honored Contributor

I hope you enjoy, also!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin