Valued Contributor

Found it! Right Cleanser for me

After years of thinking I needed something really strong for my combo skin, decided to try Olay Gentle Clean Foaming Cleanser based on Beautypedia rec's for highly rated, drug store cleansers. Went to the store with all the recommeded ones written down and decided on the Olay. YAY!!!! (There's a lot of highly-rated drug store cleansers!).

I'd been using all kinds of different cleansers (some more expensive - Skinn, Emma Hardie, Clinique, Purity, etc.) hoping to find THE one that made my pores cleaner, skin smoother.

After using this Olay cleanser, skin is smoother, smaller pores. I'm thinking my skin is "calmer", so it's liking the kinder, gentler approach. Lesson learned.

(Also using PC 2% BHA Gel, Mad Hippie vitamin C serum and Mad Hippie moisturizer. After using MH moisturizer, want o try CeraVe AM moisturizer with SPF.)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Found it! Right Cleanser for me

I agree that Olay products are great for the price. I have used the Olay disposable facial wash cloths for years.  It is so nice to find a product that's good quality at such a great price. Have a great day. 

Regular Contributor

@seehorse- Yay!  I was wondering, can you cleanse the eye area with this Olay cleanser? 

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Honored Contributor

I tired it for a while and found it too drying I went back to my Dermatlogica for senstive skin.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@TasMss wrote:

@seehorse- Yay!  I was wondering, can you cleanse the eye area with this Olay cleanser? 

Hi Tasmss,

I do. It doesn't sting for me.

I don't wear foundation or eye makeup (just blush, lip color), so can't say if this cleanser is any good at removing makeup

Valued Contributor

@godi wrote:

I agree that Olay products are great for the price. I have used the Olay disposable facial wash cloths for years.  It is so nice to find a product that's good quality at such a great price. Have a great day. 

Hi digo,

You too!  Never thought about Olay before.

Regular Contributor

I love First Aid Beauty cleanser. The only one that doesn't break me out or dry my skin out. Not full of chemicals either.

Regular Contributor

@seehorse- Thank you! I will check this out! 

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Respected Contributor

Does it have fragrance in it?  I can't use most Olay products because they are so heavily fragranced.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

Does it have fragrance in it?  I can't use most Olay products because they are so heavily fragranced.  Thanks!

@HerRoyaLioness

Years ago I stopped using my regular cleanser and started looking for a dependable replacement.  I tried some of the Olay products and I liked them -- except for the heavy fragrance. 

I noticed Walmart carried Olay dupes (Equate) and I preferred their scent.  Smelled like apricots.

But for the last few years I've stuck with Paula's Choice.  Ironically, 100% fragrance free.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~