Respected Contributor

Found another Seabuckthorn option

Saw this at Target

Sells for $40
I have always use FRESH seabuckthorn facial oil, but depending on reviews I might try for my next purchase.

Honored Contributor

Re: Found another Seabuckthorn option

[ Edited ]

There is a place I buy most, if not all of my skincare products and nutritional sups. They have this oil for $20 fyi. They also sell a cream and seabuck essential oil.Woman Happy

sea-buckthorn-seed-oil-100-40648.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl@SilleeMee

Hi!

Which Seabuckthorn have you had luck with?  Does it fade spots?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

What do you use Seabuckthorn oil for?

Honored Contributor

@LTT1,

I can't give a testimonial. Never used sea buck. I posted a product here because I feel some of us spend too much money on products that can be found elsewhere for less. This particular brand is organic and the store where I buy from is reputable.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl@SilleeMee

Hi!

Which Seabuckthorn have you had luck with?  Does it fade spots?

I have only ever used FRESH

Yes, it does fade spots, I had a large (eraser head) size freckle on my face for 30+ years and it is 90% gone.  With tinted moisturizer or BB cream it is undetectable.  My BFF thought I had laser tx to remove it.

I started using it for fine lines, hydration and to balance my oily skin.

The spot fading was just a happy side-effect!

Product Image

Respected Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

What do you use Seabuckthorn oil for?

You can see my other post just above this, but one thing it is WONDERFUL for is healing.

One winter during a Polar Vortex my face was wind, weather and sun burned.  It was terrible, I was red, chapped, dry and awful looking.  I use argan oil on one side of my face and my FRESH oil on the other......hands down no question the FRESH oil was working wonders, I became a believer.

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl,

I'm glad you like sea buck. It's got alot of vitamin C in it naturally...great for treating dark spots! Right now I'm using pure maracuja oil and love it. Might have to give sea buck a try. Thanks for mentioning here. Love it when I read about "new" stuff.Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl,

I'm glad you like sea buck. It's got alot of vitamin C in it naturally...great for treating dark spots! Right now I'm using pure maracuja oil and love it. Might have to give sea buck a try. Thanks for mentioning here. Love it when I read about "new" stuff.Woman Very Happy

Interestingly I have always used (15-20 yrs) vit C powders or serums - I am a big believer!

Something about the addition of the FRESH -which is a seabuck blend that removed my spot -- probably took 6 months.

Trusted Contributor

I used Seabuckthorn oil for about a year, and saw no difference in my age spots.  The brand that I was using had a funky smell, but I powered through because I hoped it would work. Does Fresh brand have an odor?  Any other recommendations for products that would work on those dreaded spots?