Trusted Contributor

Found an IT Cosmetics Je Ne Said Quos blush in my stash...whoa...bright!

I was cleaning out my travel makeup bag and I found an IT  Cosmetics Je Ne Said Quos blush in the bottom that I don't know how I overlooked. 

I tried it on yesterday and whoa!!! It was so bright and looked so stark and unnatural I was really surprised that I ever bought this let alone worn it in the past. I am cool-toned and fair and I just felt I looked ridiculous. I took a selfie to see how I really looked to others and

(well, first I got distracted by my deep marionette lines and weird thin face, but that's another story) 

I was wondering if anyone who has bought this has had the same feeling.  If you have experience with this product drop a line here.

PS-I did use a finishing powder to tone down the color, but it is a pretty dark bright Fushia-like color. I also tried it with different blush brushes and a very light hand. I think, on me, at least, it is just incredibly bright.

Honored Contributor

Re: Found an IT Cosmetics Je Ne Said Quos blush in my stash...whoa...bright!

I agree....I also have cool tones and it is not a good look for creating a natural healthy palette.  I believe it came in a bundled package with an IT foundation, 

Respected Contributor

I agree! When they first came out, it was the only choice so I got one in some sort of set. I'm warm toned so it was quite clownish on me. I don't know why they always say that color's for everyone...not so!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have this.  It certainly is different on the face than in the compact. I like it with the right outfit (I choose my blushes according to what I'm wearing). The right brush, a light hand, and correct placement is needed when applying blush. You can always add more. If blush gets overdone, go over it with a fluffy brush with a little powdered foundation rather than finishing powder.

Honored Contributor

I don't own it, but I think it's a pretty blush.

Respected Contributor

I definitely agree. I have one I got years ago in the ombre version and I thought it would be like a softer, pinkish color. Nooooo. It's so bright, in your face, and almost orange on me. Probably the harshest one I own from IT Cosmetics...I have several in ombre. I truly love the Je Ne Sais Quoi Vitality Flush Lipstick. It's been my Holy Grail for years. But this blush is, well, bad!

Honored Contributor

I like the lip gloss but not the blush. Those kinds of color adjusting blushes look ridiculos on me, i turn purple.  This week Westmore was selling one like that on Q, notf or me!!

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover 

Decades ago I wore the lipstick (or was it a tint) but I didn't even know a blush came in that color.  Too bad it didn't work out for you.

Honored Contributor

It sure looks pretty (and soft)

IT COSMETICS Ombré Radiance Blush

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover  - I agree, wasn't a good color on me no matter what brush I applied it with or how light of a hand.