Honored Contributor

Re: Found a great new shampoo & conditioner!

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@AnnMarie-1

That was so sweet of you to post the pictures!!!  I don't know how to do that!!

Yes -- it is nice to see what people are talking about.  I used the shampoo, conditioner, and the little bottle of oil.  Haven't tried the deep conditioning packs but will have to do that.

Can you tell me which formula you bought? Ulta online has it. They have several different formulas. I probably need the repairing or nourishing.

Honored Contributor

@DiamondGirly wrote:

I saw a couple of youtube reviews that said that the Herbal Essence Cleanser works just as well as Wen (youtube videos by loyal Wen users). Has anyone tried it? I tried to find it at our Target, but I couldn't find it. It is supposed to be almost anywhere, including Walgreen's...for between $5-7.00. I want to try it....See it below:

Herbal Essences Naked Cleansing Conditioner - 16.9 oz

If you try it let me know what you think about it. I tried the Herbal Essence cleansing condtioner in the pink bottle. It really made my hair dry. Seems like all the sulfate free shampoos make my hair dry. Some seem to dry it more then others do.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

Has anyone tried this from HSN and done a comparison? I have coarse, curly hair and this is a good product, in addition to the Manoi conditioner. Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Dry Shampoo For Light

I have not done a comparison. I have used Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo & conditioner. It makes my hair dry. Last night I decided to try it again. I mixed a little Wen lilac oil in the conditioner & it helped quite a bit. I cannot use Wen CC but I like thier oils.

Trusted Contributor

I have used Davines for several years.  My friends said if you are going to pay that much for your hair to be done stop using cheap shampoo and she was right.  I don't wash my hair but every 4 days.......sometimes I might have to every three but I try and go every for to keep it in good condition.  Taking Spirolactone now since I started having some shedding.  Working to keep the hair in.  Also good for acne. Helps lower blood pressure also.

Honored Contributor

thank you suzy for covering for me!

She, my hairdresser, recommends cowashes in general for curly hair but no specific brand. She herself is black and has long curly hair, no chemical processing, so of course I asked what products she used!

The cowash was Matrix Biolage but it wasn't any less expensive than the Wen so I didn't get it. I did, however, purchase the Matrix Biolage curl definer and the stuff is AH mazing!!

I think I'll start a thread for my curly compadres...

Contributor

I tried it an i really wasn't impressed at all with it. You can buy it also at Dillards i saw qute a display of different things from CAROLS DAUGHTER. Just didn't wrok for me. I like Nick Chavez MESQUITE OIL an it smells great too!