Trusted Contributor

Found a good dupe for Pure Grace

Recently I tried CLEAN'S "Ultimate" fragrance and it was almost identical to Pure Grace.  I've worn Pure Grace for years and if I had to do a blind sniff test I'd have a hard time knowing which was which.  The "Ultimate" seems to have a bit more of a citrusy feel to it, that's the only difference I can detect.  Both are winners.  Maybe the CLEAN version has more staying power for anyone looking for that.  I'm sticking with Pure Grace but thought it might be worth mentioning here. 

clean.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Found a good dupe for Pure Grace

@TuesdayTaylor thank you! I actually like Pure grace out of all the Philosophy scents but don't use them because they aren't cruelty free. CLEAN is cruelty free and I have used and liked some of the CLEAN fragrances in the past but haven't tried many of their newer ones. This one sounds nice- I will test it next time I am in the store. Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

HD, I didn't realize Philosophy wasn't cruelty free.  Ugh, that makes my stomach sick.  I am an animal lover and I use a lot of Philosophy.  Time to make some changes.

Honored Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

HD, I didn't realize Philosophy wasn't cruelty free.  Ugh, that makes my stomach sick.  I am an animal lover and I use a lot of Philosophy.  Time to make some changes.

@TuesdayTaylor let me clarify. Coty now owns PHilosphy and Coty does test. So if you don't care if their parent company tests on animals then you could still use Philosophy. I try not to purchase products from companies owned by a company that still tests because you are still lining the pockets and supporting companies that are testing but not everyone who goes cruelty free does this. It is a choice each person has to decide for him/herself.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have been saying for years, Clean Ultimate is a close second to Pure Grace.

Super Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor.  Thank you for the recommendation.   I was disappointed with cool cotton but I will try this. 

Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing this! Pure Grace with a hint of citrus sounds fantastic. 

Valued Contributor

I agree its a great dupe for PG and the only one i like that they make.

Honored Contributor

Dang I just looked through all my perfume samples and I had 3 different CLEAN fragrances- rain, skin and cotton t-shirt (weird name, lol)- but no ultimate!

Trusted Contributor

Actually, PURE GRACE is a close second to CLEAN Ultimate - CLEAN Ultimate came before Philosophy's whole GRACE line.  (Just in case you were interested...)