Valued Contributor

Re: Found Such a Natural Look for MY Skin!!!!!

scullychick Hey, so glad you like the BB blush. It's one of my favorites ! I love that you can add just a little or go for a stronger look if you want. Enjoy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

On 4/20/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 4/20/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:

When I think of it, I try to remember to do my blush first sometimes with a quick f|uff of mineral foundation on top. I usually forget though.

I'm trying to find a mineral powder good enough to be recommended by a user. May I ask what you use? TY Smiley Happy

Bringing this up for Irishrose as you asked me as I don't know if you saw my answer to you yesterday.

Irishrose - My HG mineral foundation for the past 7 years or so is from Cory Cosmetics. Also a worthy mention is Meow Cosmetics. They are both small indy on line companies. I have tons of blush and eyeshadows from these 2 along with Silk Naturals also.

Both Cory and Meow offer more than one formula of mineral foundation. Cory's original is more of a concealer strength. My HG is her mica blend which is not as heavy and is perfect for me. Hope that helps. Where you might run into a problem is color choice. Between the 2 of them, they must have hundreds of shade choices! I always suggest to first order the little sample baggies which are .50cents from Cory and $1.00 from Meow.

I wear Beyond Cream in Cory and Naughty Siamese in Meow. I'm a pretty basic Lt.-Med. neutral leaning to warm, green-eyed blonde, 64 years old.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

Does anyone else feel like when you apply blush first and then foundation afterwards that you wind up smearing the blush around where you don't want it to go?

I've been practicing this since I read the first post on this thread. Not sure if I like it as well as applying blush last, on top of foundation. But then I'm using mineral powder for both foundation and blush. If I was using a cream blush, it might work better.

Just some of my thoughts.

Super Contributor

On 4/22/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:

Does anyone else feel like when you apply blush first and then foundation afterwards that you wind up smearing the blush around where you don't want it to go?

I've been practicing this since I read the first post on this thread. Not sure if I like it as well as applying blush last, on top of foundation. But then I'm using mineral powder for both foundation and blush. If I was using a cream blush, it might work better.

Do you have a stippling blush or beauty blende sponge. It is best to tap the foundation in or do in small circles rather than "smear" it in, if that makes since. The blush won't move but rather be diffused for a very natural look, even the brighter ones.
Super Contributor

On 4/20/2014 Mistic said:

virgosun ~ Your post peaked my interest. I like the simplicity of your routine. I have dry skin and had to go back to liquid. Wondering if your routine would work for me? I don't have the IT Illuminator powder, but might like to give this a try. Think it might work for parched skin??? Thanks

More and more I've been reading that powders will work for women with dry skin if a) you use a good moisturizer first and 2) spritz with a hydrating facial spray as a last step. Voila! A dewy look!

Trusted Contributor

On 4/22/2014 Debbie1426 said:

Do you have a stippling blush or beauty blende sponge. It is best to tap the foundation in or do in small circles rather than "smear" it in, if that makes since. The blush won't move but rather be diffused for a very natural look, even the brighter ones.

Thanks Debbie1426 - This just might be the excuse I need to finally get one of those Beauty Blender Sponge Thingies! LOL!

And Irishrose - I hope you read my reply with specific answers to your question directed to me earlier in the thread. I tried again and reposted it the next day too!

Super Contributor

On 4/22/2014 Debbie1426 said:

Exactly!!! Stippling is the technique I always use for that diffused, airbrush look. Technique makes all the difference in the world whether you use high end products or not. I switch up between a stippling brush and a beauty blender. They both produce incredible results.

Trusted Contributor

SurvivedOne - I'm mostly a loose mineral powder user, for both foundation and blush, so no, I don't use a stippling brush or the stippling method. My foundation brush is a flat top, my usual blush brush is a skunk brush (although I have other blush brush types) and I use a kabuki brush for finishing powder.

But these are good tips if I decide to keep trying with the blush first, foundation after method. Or if and when I use my alternate foundation which is a thick liquid or cream from Dermacia. With that I admit I just mostly use my fingers and a little blending with the wedgie sponge that comes with the foundation. I have been curious about the Beauty Blender for some time so this is all interesting. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Because I have oily skin I always wear a powder blush and loose powder over my foundation (I wear Tarte's tinted BB primer as foundation). For the first time today I tried applying blush after my primer but before my loose powder. I applied a little more blush than normal (I sometimes do this by accident, ha!) then the powder over it. Looked really nice and the blush did not smear. BTW, I was wearing one of Laura Geller's blushes which has some shimmer and putting the powder over it made it look matte.

Trusted Contributor

soonersis - It's kind of fun doing this a little different sometimes, isn't it. For me it still feels "bassackwards" to put my foundation on afterwards on top of my blush. Kind of hard to teach an old dog new tricks - and this old dog is 64, LOL! But it actually looks pretty, especially with a stronger blush like I'm using today. It's one of my very favorites and is from Cory Cosmetics - Ruffled - but it's extremely highly pigmented and you have to go easy.