Respected Contributor

Re: Found Out What Was Causing My Face to be Red

I have very sensitive skin. Learned a long time ago to be very judicial in my skin care choices. 

In the past year I have discovered I can no longer use make-up removers on my eyelids. Now I just remove the eye make-up with a drop of jojoba or argan oil. Works great and very hydrating!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

I never said I was buring my skin, I did say I take extra good care. I had oily skin my whole life, and at 62 I have very few wrinkles

@Kachina624 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Kachina624

It is called again gracefully and taking care of yourself, no one is trying to look 25, but they are trying to look as good as they can at any given age.

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why, oh why do women do this to themselves?  Then in the end they still have wrinkles and look no younger.  The cosmetic companies laugh all the way to the bank.

@I am still oxox. Sounds like it's entirely possible to do more harm than good.  Burning your skin with chemicals can't be beneficial.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I use the exfoliating pads due to a tendency to have blackheads & whiteheads, it's really the only thing that works for me.  I guess I have large pores.

I've had to rachet back my use of them as well, too drying.

On the days I don't use the pads, I use a mask, the Skinn Deep Pore Vacuum.

Otherwise I have good skin, if my skin is ever unhappy, I quit using everything until I can figure out what's going on.

Honored Contributor

It's really hard in today's complex cosmetics world to find what really is right for your skin.  Especially if you are "older", still have oily skin that is VERY sensitive and are prone to breakouts and redness if your skin reacts to a product.

So many things just don't work for me that it is frustrating.  Even my derm says I have REALLY sensitive skin.  No wrinkles yet at over 60, but very picky picky difficult skin!  

Occasional Contributor

I've experienced the same issues before. Almost everything makes my face red. I stopped using things with lots of ingredients. I started taking my makeup off with Kopari coconut melt or Josie Marian Argan Oil and I only use Argan Oil now for my moisturizer. My face is never red anymore. 

Lori

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner, I'm with you that I wish I could use certain products, but I just can't. I like to think that maybe those things wouldn't be helpful to me anyway! I had to stop using the Clarisonic Mia - my skin ended up a red mess. I ended up with a dermatologist and after going through all the products I was using, she told me my skin wasn't working with the Clarisonic and I needed to simplify the products I was using. I don't think there are "miracle" products out there - we just find what works for us and take daily care of our skin!