Honored Contributor

Found Out What Was Causing My Face to be Red

It was exfoliating pads, serums and other anti ageing products.  I've cut most out except a couple of serums that don't irritate my skin and some simple moisturizers from L'Occitane and others.

I had tried so many things and could NOT get of the redness.  It was products--those designed to get rid of it, and so many of the anti-ageing products so many people use and love.

My skin just can't take it.  It looks great now and I am going to be VERY careful if I try anything else.  If it makes me red or irritated in the least out it goes.

I have been using a LaRoche Posey facial wash that is great!  NO irritation from it at all. 

I thought I'd post this because it might help someone else.  Some of us just can't tolerate these things.

Respected Contributor

Re: Found Out What Was Causing My Face to be Red

Sometimes less is more. I've simplified my routine and my skin is much happier (not to mention my pocketbook). 😉

Honored Contributor

Anytime you add anything new to your routine, you should give it time before adding anything else, especially if you have sensitive skin.  

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you resolved this. Same thing happened to me with make-up remover, eye pads. Red and sore. Never mind on that.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

The leson you learned, i also learned years ago, too much stuff on our face ,is not good ,no matter what you read.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Sounds like too many products.  You know sometimes less is more.  I think you may be able to use them still but not all at once

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry you have to deal with this and I understand since I have skin that tends to hyper react often.
I am always scared when I add a new product, since I have hypersensitive skin that I tend to baby.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I can't use all those products either.  I used to, and my face stayed red.  Now I just use Paula's Choice cleanser and moisturizer.  My redness is much better.  I've been doing this for a couple of years.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Why, oh why do women do this to themselves?  Then in the end they still have wrinkles and look no younger.  The cosmetic companies laugh all the way to the bank.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner If you had to choose just one cream that would be soothing and good for sensitive skin, I’d recommend Prescriptives Comfort Cream. It is very moisturizing and incredibly soothing....really good for restoring balance back  into your skin.