Trusted Contributor
Does anyone use the Formula X base,top,or nail polish? Would love to know if it lasts better than other brands. Thx.
Contributor
I bought one of the glitter polishes in a deep blue and loved it but couldn't get it off! So it does last but I'm wondering if there is a special remover necessary to get it off. Question for my next trip to Sephora. But I really liked the way it went on and the wear. The blue glitter is gorgeous on the toes!
Trusted Contributor
Thanks for your input. I was wondering if the polish was hard to remove. I was torn between the blue you mentioned and the lavendar. Before I invest,I want to know how to get it off. Good luck and best wishes.
Super Contributor
On 6/22/2014 maizer said: I bought one of the glitter polishes in a deep blue and loved it but couldn't get it off! So it does last but I'm wondering if there is a special remover necessary to get it off. Question for my next trip to Sephora. But I really liked the way it went on and the wear. The blue glitter is gorgeous on the toes!

Hi maizer, I posted this glitter polish removal method on the NOTW thread, which I read here on BB, and it works:

I use glitter more often since finding the "finger protector" removal method. (Never had much luck with the foil soak-off method.) I bought a box of the rubber finger protectors from Staples ($2.50) and cut two jumbo cotton balls into ten pieces, moisten with pure acetone, put one on each nail, cover with a finger protector, and wait 5 min. Then I use a clean Swisspers to swipe off the cotton ball and have very little glitter-scatter to clean up. Still, more labor-intensive than removing plain polish.

HTH!

Lola
Contributor
What a great idea! Thanks for the tip. I was thinking I would have to throw the polish away as I couldn't get it off. ,
Trusted Contributor
Thanks,Lola! I always admire your NOTW. You should start online tutorials.
Frequent Contributor
When I first began using glitter polish I looked for an easier way to remove it. Deborah Lippmann had posted a video on removing polish, and a nail blog I read linked to it. She said it works well for glitter, and it does. I also found another blogger who uses this method and explains it step by step. I don't have the link but if you Google "gingerbreadmanne glitter polish removal" it should bring it up. You use a cotton ball and polish remover. Pour some remover in the cap. Unroll a cotton ball, tear nail size pieces off the end. Dip the pieces in the remover and let it soak up, lay on the nail. Depends on the polish as to how long you need to leave it on. After trying this method a couple times you know about how much cotton to use and how long to leave it on. I like the cotton pieces a little thicker for glitter. And I have tried Formula X by Sephora and like it a lot.
Contributor

I just bought some Formula X, but I haven't tried it yet.