Contributor

Forgotten 90s foundation and makeup brand

This may be a brand that was sold in other stores but in yhe early to mid 90s, jcpenney sold makeup and it was a more expensive, for penny's. The foundation was in a round narrow bottle, with a black top, and the hole for the foundation was smaller than the bottle opening. It was a bit of an pily foundation. You could see the liquid or oil on top of the foundation color so you had to shake it to mix it up. It is driving me crazy.
Honored Contributor

Re: Forgotten 90s foundation and makeup brand

Could it have been Makeup Forever (MUFE)?  There is another one on the tip of my tongue but I'll have to do some Googling to find it.

Trusted Contributor

Was it Ultima II?  What you described reminded me of Glowtion and I think I bought it at Penney's.  They also had a mascara I really liked.  I think it was called falsies and you pumped it to get air into it to make it work better.  

Contributor

@justashopper. YES!!!!! Thank you, I was going crazy and I couldn't find it on line.
Trusted Contributor

@domel 

I googled it and the line still exists or at least the name is still a cosmetic company.  I didn't recognize any of the products though.  

the other line I was thinking of from the 90s that I don't see much anymore is prescriptives.  They could color match any skin tone and make a custom foundation.  Wonder what happened to them.  

Contributor

I loved Prescriptives. I used the Vanilla color of the foundation. The Ultima II was also something I tried along with many many others. I can't thank you enough, I was going crazy trying to remember.
Contributor

Thank you for helping...turns out it was Ultima II.
Honored Contributor

Yay!  I love happy endings Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wasn't Ultima II a deluxe brand of Revlon - IIRC?  

Respected Contributor

Yes it was.