Esteemed Contributor

Forgot my oil....lesson learned

I've been bringing my oils to the salon for so long I forgot how many years it's been. Well today I was half asleep when I packed up my stuff, got to the salon and my girlfriend said "give me the oil". My face hit the floor, I forgot it!!! I couldn't run home to get it because I was exhausted and lazy so she did the dye as is. How did I forget my oil!!! If anyone questions using the oil in the dyes, I can see the difference. My hair is fried! Right after I write this I am putting on my oil. I cannot believe I did that but I think I may take a 2 oz to leave there so this never happens again.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Forgot my oil....lesson learned

Beaches! I'm so sorry!

This is a bad oil month. My Tea Tree Oil, that I use for scalp treatments, went missing. My son hid it with the hamster. I went to order it and it's waitlisted.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

You should condition well a the night before or the night before that. You natural oils and conditioning oils will help prevent that, along with adding the oil to the dye. I also wait three days to wash, so I color when I can afford to have grimy hair for a bit.

Respected Contributor

On 4/23/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Beaches! I'm so sorry!

This is a bad oil month. My Tea Tree Oil, that I use for scalp treatments, went missing. My son hid it with the hamster. I went to order it and it's waitlisted.

But the hamster will have great hair!

Contributor

can you please explain what oil and how do you use it when coloring hair? thx.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/23/2014 rashashon said:

Adding a dropper full of oil to the dye cuts the harshness. Honny- what was hamster doing with the tea tree oil? Lol I have a hard enough time hiding everything from my DD. My oils are under lock and key! Lol. Chaz, doesn't even have enough Wen to support her habit.
Esteemed Contributor

I have two boys, 12 and 14. The 12 year old has hiding places all over for things that he finds.

In this new hiding place was a dead hamster, my oil, and something unidentified in a shoe box.

I told hubby to toss everything.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/23/2014 HonnyBrown said:

I have two boys, 12 and 14. The 12 year old has hiding places all over for things that he finds.

In this new hiding place was a dead hamster, my oil, and something unidentified in a shoe box.

I told hubby to toss everything.

Oh no! But are we sure he didn't give the hamster the TT? Lol. I feel for moms of boys, but moms of girls have our own problems.....like them stealing our Wen!
Valued Contributor

On 4/23/2014 beaches21 said:
On 4/23/2014 rashashon said:

Adding a dropper full of oil to the dye cuts the harshness. Honny- what was hamster doing with the tea tree oil? Lol I have a hard enough time hiding everything from my DD. My oils are under lock and key! Lol. Chaz, doesn't even have enough Wen to support her habit.

I have to try to remember this the next time I color my hair.

Esteemed Contributor

Good point: tea tree oil is toxic when ingested.

I was more upset about my missing oil!