Super Contributor

Forgive me if I’ve posted about THRIVE

Mascara before,.......

My almost-30/yr.old DD received a sample size of THRIVE mascara.

She told me that she has received comments about her long lashes since wearing it and I must say,

they do look like false eye lashes! But not spikey or gloopy.

So of course since her BD coming up, I went to the website and choked! lol

Then I checked Ebay...no difference in prices and often cost MORE.

So as a *first time customer* I took advantage of a %10 discount/free shipping and ordered 2-tubes. (one will be given on Mother’s Day or Xmas).

She has striking big blue eyes and has always been searching for 

“The One” (regarding mascara!)

Although the price is outrageous, $24/tube, she was so happy that I 

had to get it for her.

Im thinking she’ll use it on *special occasions * once she goes to re-order and discovers the price! lol

But don’t most of us have a certain special product that we are willing to

overspend on, because it’s “The One” and no dupe will do! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Forgive me if I’ve posted about THRIVE

@JumpTheRope  - Glad she found her perfect mascara.  However, if she plans on using it only for special occasions, it may dry up before she gets her money's worth.  Are we supposed to discard an open tube of mascara after 3 months?

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@JumpTheRope  - Glad she found her perfect mascara.  However, if she plans on using it only for special occasions, it may dry up before she gets her money's worth.  Are we supposed to discard an open tube of mascara after 3 months?

I was thinking the same thing...once it's opened the shelf life of a mascara is not long.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Contributor

Make everyday a special occasion!!

Honored Contributor

@JumpTheRope   I have used it and one tube will last 3 months while othere do not so it really is not that expensive, so just using for special occasions will be more costly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook   You said you have used it.  Did you find it to be an extraordinary product..  Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

It does look like a good mascara. Thrive products are always in my Facebook & Instagram feeds. I don't follow the 3 month rule on mascara. I only wear it twice a week and I'm not throwing it away that soon. But I know a lot of people follow that rule. I don't  think $24. is a lot for a mascara though. Especially if you love it. 

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Pook   You said you have used it.  Did you find it to be an extraordinary product...worth the price.  Thanks.

I did find it worth the price.  I only use it most days for the first application on my very short lashes to create a base to build on with other mascaras and fibers.  I love the look of long eyelashes so for me it is well worth the money.  

Respected Contributor

I have never thrown away anything 3 months old and have never had a problem. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

$24 is how much Lancome Definicils cost years ago.  So for a high end mascara (if it's high end) that's not bad.  I would  only splurge on the Lancome mascara when we would go on a cruise Smiley Happy  I had samples in GWPs so I knew I liked it.  Now I'm wearing Ardell Demi Whispies false lashes and LOVE it!  My "go to" mascara (that's affordable) is Loreal Telescopic