Regular Contributor

Foreo Luna Alternative Question

Hello Beautiful Ladies,

If you purchased a Foreo Luna Alternative on Amazon would you please share which brand you bought that was excellent quality. There are so many to choose from it's confusing. I don't want to spend the high cost of the Foreo Luna. But i would like to try something similiar. I like the idea of not having to purchase replacement brushes. Plus the Clairisonic was to harsh for my skin. Thank you in advance for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Foreo Luna Alternative Question

[ Edited ]

I bought the ANSELF brand from amazon but it's no longer being sold there. Walmart now carries it. Search:

Anself Personal Rechargeable Mini Ultrasonic Beauty Instrument Facial Cleaner

220e0db9-5dcd-4a44-9629-5dfa2ea4b47e_1.1cb53103eaa20de1bfc910531682a3b7.jpeg

$13 w/ free shipping, 5 colors

@lindseyemmie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine is also an Anself and recharges with a USB cord.  I don't think any particular brand on Amazon would be head and shoulders above any other since they all come from the same place and very likely the same manufacture operating under a variety of names.  Right now, there's one on Amazon by Jecnovo and it looks just like the Anself, but is selling at a steal of a price - $9.99 (prime) for the purple or light pink (less than I paid for mine).  Other colors in the same listing are more, but it's the same device.  Have a look around Amazon and check the feedback/reviews.  Do your search under "silicone cleansing".  You'll find devices in assorted shapes and many offerings under $20 (prime).  Find one that suits you.  Assuming it has a good amount of positive reviews, I think you'll be fine.  Just be make sure the listing says it's rechargeable.  Some run on batteries that need replacing.  I got snookered on one, on either Zulily or Hautelook, once when I didn't pay close enough attention.  Money down the drain on that one, I pitched it.  

FYI, my cheap Anself has lasted me longer than the genuine Foreo Luna Mini I originally purchased and it does a great job of cleansing.  I use it day and night.  

Honored Contributor

Mine isn't listed on there anymore. I actually found it more harsh to my skin than my Clarisonic. I think the problem is that with no brushes, it doesn't retain any water or cleanser to glide over the skin easily. Even though I used the exact same method of application. It just seems to drag even when I add extra water to my face. I thought the idea of not purchasing brushes was great but I went back to my Clarisonic and I'm happier with the results. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Anself with a battery.  Had it 3 years now and it still runs great.  Much better for my skin than the brush head ones.

Respected Contributor

I can't speak for the alternatives to the Forea Luma. I have the Forea Luna 2 for senstive skin. I don't have sensitive skin for the most part tho. It was well worth the purchase for me because it is gentle & more hygenic that the Clarisonic. With the Forea Luna it has a plus & minus so that you can ajust the speed. It also has a pause to let you know to stop & do the other half of your face. You don't need charging for months. As far, as the clarisonic, even tho I used the sensitive brush head, it sort of irriatated my skin if I used it too often plus you have to purchase extra brush heads. I do think The Forea Luna is well worth the cost in the long run.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Mine isn't listed on there anymore. I actually found it more harsh to my skin than my Clarisonic. I think the problem is that with no brushes, it doesn't retain any water or cleanser to glide over the skin easily. Even though I used the exact same method of application. It just seems to drag even when I add extra water to my face. I thought the idea of not purchasing brushes was great but I went back to my Clarisonic and I'm happier with the results. 

@jaxs mom Since they are different tools, made of different materials, the method of application would have to be adapted accordingly.  It's easy to wet my face, apply my cleanser to my face, wet the device and proceed.  The device glides very easily for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't use a liquid cleanser. The one I use works best if it's applied to a dry face and then wetted. 

Honored Contributor

For me the best way to use my silicone brush is to apply my cleanser directly on my dry face then wet the brush and use it this way. I tried it a couple of times by putting my cleanser right on the dry brush but the cleanser seemed to just sit in between the bristles and felt like it wasn't getting on my skin where it needed to go...and if I wet the brush then the cleanser would wash off the brush.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

For me the best way to use my silicone brush is to apply my cleanser directly on my dry face then wet the brush and use it this way. I tried it a couple of times by putting my cleanser right on the dry brush but the cleanser seemed to just sit in between the bristles and felt like it wasn't getting on my skin where it needed to go...and if I wet the brush then the cleanser would wash off the brush.

That's how I was using it. I've never applied cleanser to the brush or silicone head but instead to the face. That silicone device just can't hold enough moisture to glide well over my face. I even tried applying water to my face to emulsify the cleanser before using. I'm just not happy with how it feels and works, no matter what I've tried.